Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
The Second Coming of Christ and the Millenium...Part III
2/8/2008 9:22:51 PM

Hi Friend, please bow your head as I say a prayer, on your behalf. 

"Dear Heavenly Father, I want to thank You for life, for health, for family, and for friends. But most of all, I want to thank You for the sacrifice You have made for me on Calvary, for the Plan of Redemption which gives me the opportunity for life eternal. Now, I ask that Your Holy Spirit will come into this place, open the hearts and minds of whoever reads this post, give them  wisdom,  knowledge and understanding, that they might know which road they should take...the road which leads to life eternal, or the road that leads to death and destruction. Give them peace in their hearts, and I ask that Your will be done, in Jesus Name I pray... Amen."

---------------------------------------

THE RESURRECTION AND FINAL DESTRUCTION OF THE WICKED OCCURS AT THE END OF THE MILLENIUM (1000 years)

Revelation 20:5  The wicked dead are raised at the end of the 1000 years

Revelation 21:2   The Holy City descends to this earth with the saints

Revelation 20:7-9   Satan and his evil hosts, now loosed, attempt to take the city

Revelation 20:9,14,15   Fire from God devours them

Malachi 4:1-3  Ezekiel 28:18,19  Satan and the wicked are completely destroyed

Romans 6:23  John 3:16  The wicked receive the wages of sin, which is the second death, and the righteous receive eternal life

2 Peter 3:10  The world is purified by the fire that destroys the wicked

GOD RECREATES THE WORLD AND RESTORES TO MAN THE DOMINION THAT WAS LOST THROUGH ADAM

2 Peter 3:13  Revelation 21:1  God brings into existence a new heaven and a new earth, New Jerusalem being the capital

Revelation 21:1-4  Isaiah 35:5-6 Isaiah 65:21,22  The tree of life once again returns to earth; sickness, suffering, and death are no more, and peace reigns eternally. They will build houses which they will inhabit, and plant gardens and eat the fruit thereof 

1 Corinthians 13:12  God's people will live real lives on the earth made new, and they will recognize one another

Isaiah 65:17  Revelation 21:4  The sad memories of the past will be wiped away... (I look forward to this, don't you!)

-------------------------

I accept such vital Bible truths as the personal, literal, and imminent return of Christ; immortality through Christ alone, bestowed at His coming; the unconscious sleep of man in death as he awaits the resurrection; the final destruction of those who reject the Saviour's appeal; and an eternal home of unending happiness for the redeemed in a world free from the curse of sin.

Through God's grace it is my purpose to be among the saved that shall inhabit the new earth.

And what about you friend?

Please share your positive thoughts. Don't deviate onto a different topic for now.

PS: I apologize if I said something to offend someone by saying a prayer in a public place. It was not intentional by any means!

+0
Terry Gill

51 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Second Coming of Christ and the Millenium...Part III
2/8/2008 9:46:01 PM

James,

I only have time to comment on your interpretation of one scripture above, Rev. 21:2. 

One has to understand that there are many figurative or symbolic things spoken of in the Bible, and this is one of them. 

This is talking about New Jerusalem, which is a symbolic city, not literal, and the verse does not say it comes down to earth, only that it was descending out of heaven.

It is the magnificent spiritual city, composed of 144,000 loyal integrity keepers, resplendent in its holiness and reflecting the very glory of Jehovah.  Here is the grand Revelation climax!

In fact, this could not be a literal place on earth, for if you read what it says about the dimensions of it, 12,000 furlongs square, (about 1,380 miles) [2,220 km]) in perimeter, surrounded by a wall 144 cubits, or 210 feet [64 m], in height. No literal city could ever have such measurements. It would cover a territory about 14 times as large as modern Israel, and it would tower almost 350 miles [560 km] into outer space!  Revelation was given in signs. So, what do these measurements tell us about heavenly New Jerusalem?

The 144-cubit-high walls remind us that the city is made up of 144,000 spiritually adopted sons of God. The figure 12 that appears in the 12,000-furlong measurement of the city, with the length, breadth, and height being equal, is used figuratively in organizational settings in Bible prophecy. Hence, New Jerusalem is a superbly designed organizational arrangement for accomplishing God’s eternal purpose.  New Jerusalem, together with the King Jesus Christ, is Jehovah’s Kingdom organization. Then there is the shape of the city, a perfect cube.  In Solomon’s temple, the Most Holy, containing a symbolic representation of Jehovah’s presence, was a perfect cube. (1 Kings 6:19, 20) How fitting, then, that New Jerusalem, illuminated by the glory of Jehovah himself, is seen as a perfect, large-scale cube!  All its measurements are perfectly balanced.  It is a city without irregularities or defects. Revelation 21:22.

New Jerusalem is the bride of Christ, made up of the anointed Christians who remain faithful to death and who are raised to become kings and priests with the glorified Jesus. (Revelation 3:12; 20:6) Just as earthly Jerusalem became the seat of government in ancient Israel, the magnificent New Jerusalem and her Bridegroom make up the government of the new system of things. This is the new heaven. The ‘bride comes down out of heaven,’ not literally, but in the sense of directing attention to the earth. The Lamb’s bride is to be his loyal helpmeet in operating a righteous government over all mankind. A blessing indeed for the new earth!

Gotta go!

Terry

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2008 9:59:40 PM
Terry,  thank you for your response. Anyone else is welcome to share their thoughts on this topic!
+0
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/8/2008 10:24:41 PM
James my brother, now that prayer was an act of Faith! You prayed for all who read it. God_bless you my friend. And thank you on your efforts in your humbleness where it is due. My thoughts on The Church, in Colossians 1: 15-18. The Church is the body of Christ. The body needs the head. The church is essential to Christianity. Ephesians 2:19-21. The Church is the family of God. 1 Corinthians 12:12-13: baptized into the body of Christ, the chuch Romans 6:3-4 teaches we are also baptized into Christ. Baptism is when we become a Christian, a son of God, and at that same point we become members of the Church, the family of God. Ephesians 2:20. Cornerstone: Christ. Foundation: Apostles and Prophets. 1) Apostles= New Testiment. 2) Prophets=Old Testimant. The church is based on the word of God Only. side note: Have you ever wondered why there are so many denominations? (450 or more exist in the U.S. alone.) More on the Church James, the Bible teaches there is one church. Ephesians 4:4-6- One Body. Romans 12:4-5- One Body. 1 Corinthians 12:12-13- One Body. 1 Corinthians 1:10-13: no divisions. Following personalities and in time their writings (traditions) have caused the divisions (Matthew 15:6-9)/ I can go further into that but i would want to write more about the church i teach in if i may James, thank you, so what is the one church called in the Bible? Lets take a look a Matthew 16:18: I will build my church. Romans 16:16: Churchs of Christ. There are other namas in the Bible. 1 Corinthians 12:14-27. We need the body. The body needs us (v.21). Be involved on a relatonship level in the church (v.26). And lastly James in Hebrews 10:23-25. Do not miss church. The fellowship helps us o be unswerving in our commitment (v.23). Another purpose of fellowship is encouraging each other so we will remain faithful (v.24). And we must come to all meetings of the body: i.e. Sunday and midweek services, special devotionals, Bible jubilees, retreats, seminars, etc. Having this said James, the bride of Christ is his Church, us the members of the Body, as it is in heaven, Keep the faith my friend. God_bless you and if you ever need something you may not understand what God or Jesus says in the Bible? im here for ya to help. :)
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/9/2008 2:05:39 AM

Second Coming of Christ - No One Knows When
The Second Coming of Christ is plagued by many false teachings. Prediction books have even been written picking the exact day of Jesus' return. These books may sell many copies, but they mislead their readers. There's one guarantee: As soon as someone predicts the day or time of Jesus Christ's second coming, that prediction is wrong. Why? Simply, only God the Father knows when it will be -- Jesus doesn't even know. Jesus told His disciples:

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." "Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with the hand mill; one will be taken and the other left." "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come." (Matthew 24:36, 40 & 42)

Second Coming of Christ - Signs for Keeping Watch
We could just shrug our shoulders and casually wait for the Second Coming of Christ. However, Jesus wants us to "keep watch." A great way to keep watch is to know what the Bible reveals about upcoming events and compare those to what we see happening today. There are nearly 100 biblical passages discussing the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. The key events can be summarized with the acrostic: S - E - C - O - N - D.

S…Sudden. As we saw above, no one but the Father knows when. However, we do know it will take place "as lightning." Matthew 24:27 says, "For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

E…Essential. One of the foundations of the Christian faith is Jesus' second coming. It is spoken of by Jesus and many others in the Bible. Jesus will physically come again for all His believers and for His final judgment. Unfortunately, some Christian cults teach that Christ "secretly" returned already. As you read what the Bible says about the Second Coming of Jesus, it will be obvious that it hasn't happened yet.

C…Christ's Final Judgment. The Bible declares that Jesus will be the final judge of the world (John 5:22, Acts 10:42 and 2Timothy 4:1). Some of the additional verses describing the second coming, resurrection of the dead, millennium, and final judgment are located in Acts 17:31, 1Thessalonians 4:13-5:11 and Hebrews 10:27.

O…Obvious. There are over 6 billion people on the planet. God only knows what percentage are truly Christians, but let's use a conservative number like 10%. If this is true, over 600,000,000 people will vanish from the earth simultaneously according to Matthew 24:40. There will be no mistaking when Christ comes back for His Church!

N…No One Knows When. In Matthew 24:36, Jesus said only God the Father knows when. God is outside time. God already knows every prediction regarding Jesus' return that has ever been or will ever be made. Since Jesus said that no one knows about that day but the Father, NO ONE KNOWS!

Second Coming of Christ - The "D" is for "Doubters"
As we get closer and closer to the Second Coming of Christ, there will be increasing and widespread doubt about whether Jesus even existed. People will also start wondering if God really exists and believers will leave the Christian faith (2 Thessalonians 2:1-4, 1 Timothy 4:1-2, and 2 Peter 2:1-3). Do you think we're already seeing these signs?

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!