Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
N. J. Howell

14 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Collectibles Fun
1/20/2008 5:03:00 PM
I didn't realize we had the option of creating a forum here and am excited about learning more about different kinds of collectibles and antiques. I'm also available if anyone has questions about collectibles. I don't know about all collectibles but do have books and resources and experience that might be helpful.
+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Collectibles Fun
1/20/2008 11:41:44 PM
Hi N J!

Just Droppin' By To Say...

+0
N. J. Howell

14 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/21/2008 10:42:26 AM

Hi back.  What kind of collectibles do you collect?  I'm hiping this forum will attact adlanders with a similar interest and would love to get posts about whatever is interesting in the collectibles field.

I hope to get some posters who can share info on collectibles or antiques of any kind so that this forum can be a resource for anyone in the collectibles business.

I personally would love to learn more about Barbie collectibles if any other adlander out there collects them.  For example, I learned that a Barbie with a copyright date of 1966 is pretty common but those with 1967 date are more rare.

Also would love to hear from anyone who knows a lot about hot wheels.  I have just started collecting hot wheels and listing them to sell and can easily price the ones that are still in the package but what about all those old ones that are found just lying in heeps at yardsales?  Are there distinguishing marks that would help target in on the ones that are worth more?

+0
3/23/2008 6:39:15 PM
I collect several things - that is why I'm having to sell a few of them at our ecrater store.

Right now, I'm having fun collecting statues, postcards and more of boxer dogs, and frogs & toads. But they have be kind of funky or whimsical.  I also collect some current postcards and love funny ones -- like the one I have with an alligator being walked on a leash.

I'm keeping my bird and fish beanie babies and gradually getting the rest of the family's beanies listed in the store.

Jan - who loves collecting things and has to cut back!
+0
N. J. Howell

14 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
3/23/2008 9:23:32 PM
I definitely know what you mean about having to sell some.  I started with vintage strawberry shortcake but from there have gone on to collect...well...just about anything that is collectible.  I discover with each thing I learn about that it has very unique features that are just special.  That's why people collect them....whether it's Barbies or fine art.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!