Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
I Saw an Angel
1/18/2008 3:21:21 PM
Sometimes, things seem to bubble up out of me like a fresh water spring. When this phenomenon occurs I try to open as wide as I can to the rush of thoughts. Here are some of the Bubbles. Quid Pro Quo The word means “ something given or done in exchange for something else” . I have been reading Wayne Dyer’s Change Your Thoughts - Change Your Life: Living the Wisdom of the Tao, recently. The book takes each verse of the Tao, and then Dr. Dyer explains his thoughts on what the words mean. I am now on verse 36, and I don’t mind saying, this has taken sometime. The verses stimulate, stretch, and challenge me. Changes happen within me I am not aware of until I am suddenly confronted with a new thought. Here is one of them. I took the dogs out for a walk yesterday in the sunshine. Two things happened to me that in retrospect I believe shifted my way of looking at things. I enjoy these walks because they give me a chance to ponder about life with the boundless beauty of the universe all around me. One of my goals or dreams is to have the freedom to take those walks every single day. As it is now I also commute 2 hours a day to a full time job. My dream is to be free of that. I equate reaching that goal to be a product of what I can give to others in the form of inspiration, and service. I have a kind of quid pro quo about achieving my dream. In other words, if I give enough I will earn my dream. Like the flash of the sun rising over the mountain, I realized as long as I had this quid pro quo in place, I could not achieve my dream. I was using a medium of exchange where one is not necessary. My joy is just to give, all else will come to me, there is no exchange; as long as I hold the idea of an exchange I am bound by a contradiction of purpose, I am caught in a scarcity that is measured by how much I give. The scarcity is: I am offering a limited amount of giving equal to what I wish to receive and not one penny more. I am a hoarder in a sea of abundance. Have I totally left the idea of an equation behind? Honestly, no. But I am slowly letting go. The other event, on the same walk ,happened so quickly after my flash of insight, I don’t know how I missed its significance. I received an affirmation of my thoughts in the form of a wonderful young lady who happened to be out jogging. The dogs, ever desirous of more petting rushed up to her to get petted. She greeted them in such an open and warm manner they were both smitten. Then she looked up at me, flashed a smile, and said, “What a beautiful day.” We greet people on this walk all the time and exchange pleasantries, yet this was different in a way I really couldn’t put my finger on. I surmise now, she acted as an angel to give me a glimpse of the unmeasured joy of the Tao. Here are the words of the Tao, in Verse 35 on the subject of which I speak. How bland and insipid are the things of this world When one compares them to the Tao! Other Notes: It doesn’t matter that I keep starting over, only that I keep starting. With the cognitive spark came two questions. How? Why? Why do we struggle to put ourselves into other peoples’ boxes and then try to make the box fit? I’ll have more to say on the last one soon.

Nick Grimshawe The SunShine Guy

Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Cathy Walker

370 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: I Saw an Angel
1/18/2008 3:51:37 PM

Nice one Nick.. I enjoyed your post

and I notice also that good things seem to happen when we're in that state or place of love...when our minds are right in the NOW moment and we have taken our thoughts aways from all the burdens in life for a little while.. ..

we can just be out walking and enjoying the sunshine...doing some gardening some contemplating ..whatever ..

but just appreciating lifes small miracles..

Then Voila..angels come out of hiding ..and say hello.

I find my best synchronistic expereinces happen when my mind is not really ON anything at all..but I'm just enjoying a wonderful day and appreciating the earths miracles..sunshine being one of them !

thanks for the nice reminder to appreciate everything a bit more..

cathy walker 

xxxooo

+0
Nick Grimshawe

792 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/18/2008 4:45:05 PM
Thanks Cathy, I think if someone asked me what was most inspirational to me, I would have to say being out "walking" in this wonderful world. I have a habit, where ever I am, to go out and walk around the neighbourhood, or the countryside. The Angel, was out of the ordinary for me, and even several days later I am still touched by the event. I do agree with you, that enjoying nature just puts you into the right mode for meditation and inspiration. Nick
Nick Grimshawe Subscribe for Free at http://beautifulsummermorning.com/subscribe-today
+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/18/2008 5:52:42 PM

hello Nick..thank you ...Larry

Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
N. J. Howell

14 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/20/2008 5:10:36 PM

Nick, what a splendid story.  Thank you for sharing it.  And I love that you recognized the Angel put in your path as affirmation.   That is really key to transformation, isn't it?  Noticing what the universe is bringing to you, moment to moment, in affirmation of what is being created from the heart.

Neva

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!