Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A most important letter from Laura Bush .... is now a Barak Obama and other campaign issues thread!
1/10/2008 7:56:02 PM

Obama responds to flag photo

by John McCormick

MUSCATINE, Iowa – The photo continues to circulate on the Internet and a voter here this afternoon asked Sen. Barack Obama to explain why he did not have his hand over his heart in front of a giant American flag when the other candidates standing next to him did.

Calling the viral e-mail a "classic dirty trick," the Illinois Democrat told his supporters to correct the record and that the image is not what it appears to be.

"This is just so irritating," Obama responded. "This was not the Pledge of Allegiance. This woman was singing the Star Spangled Banner. Now, I was taught by my grandfather that you put your hands over your heart during the Pledge of Allegiance. The Star Spangled Banner, you sing. So that's what I did."

The photo was taken this summer at Sen. Tom Harkin's annual steak fry in Indianola, Iowa.

"These aren't the only e-mails that are going out," Obama said. "You've got e-mails saying that I'm a Muslim plant that's trying to take over America and this and that and the other."

Obama, speaking to about 350 people in the gymnasium of a community center, advised a polite response to those sending around the message.

"If you get this e-mail from someone you know, set the record straight," he said. "You don't have to curse them out, just tell them that they are misinformed."

Earlier, in an interview this morning with Radio Iowa, Obama said he makes no apologies for aggressively challenging Sen. Hillary Clinton in recent weeks.

"The politics of hope has never meant that we ignore difficult problems and it certainly doesn't mean hoping that your opponents aren't going to point out contradictions or difficulties in your record," he said.

"Voters don't want manipulation or lies or distractions from the issues," Obama said. "I do think that the voters want to get clarity about what the various candidates stand for, want specific answers to some of the tough questions that we're facing."

Obama said it was "pretty surprising" that former President Bill Clinton had warned his wife's critics that they were entering "Cutesy Land" by questioning her patriotism in a way the group of so-called "Swift Boat Veterans" did with John Kerry in 2004.

Obama said the question over whether illegal immigrants should be given driver's licenses was handled in a "civil" way during last week's debate.

"She then got tangled up in her own answer," Obama said. "Now, the notion that somehow that was the equivalent of 'Swift-Boating' is a little far-fetched and I think that the Clinton campaign itself would probably acknowledge that."

+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: A most important letter from Laura Bush .... is now a Barak Obama and other campaign issues thread!
1/10/2008 8:13:50 PM
In the News:
Obama Fights Off Reports He Went to Muslim School - Copley News Service
Obama Debunks Claim About Muslim School - MSNBC
Huge Fuss Over Obama's 'Ordinary' Public School - ABC News
Expect a Bumpy Ride on Way to White House - Baltimore Sun
+0
Re: A most important letter from Laura Bush ....
1/11/2008 3:09:43 PM

Beth,

About Obama, I don't hate the man at all, and certainly don't care if he is a Muslim or not. And by passing on emails that I thought were important enough to be read and considered by all of my fellow Americans, I would like to think that I was being of service. Obviously, you didn't like the emails yourself, or their content. And for that I apologize for even bringing it up.

But I am an activist, and make no bones about it at all. I was taught right from wrong, and I love my country as much as you or anyone. And when I see something not going as it should, I "WILL" say something about it. If not here, then somewhere else.

As for the Al-Quaeda thing, I read from two different sources that his "father", not him, was involved with a training camp in his home-country in Kenya. And if that is true, then there is also a 50/50 chance that Obama himself may have know something about it, including information that could have , and should have been sent back to the Pentagon in Washington.

So, to all the readers of this thread, this is not a Barack Obama thread, but a "Laura Bush's Chain-Letter" thread. Let's get real and get back to reality, ok? But when due diligence and a serious attitude is expected of something maybe we can all put our heads together, get the facts straight, and exercise responsible reporting, before we all get sued for slander or something.

And as for the Laura Bush illegal chain letter, I'm reporting her to http://www.MLMWatchDog.com. Maybe they know what to do with it.(LOL). Until the next one, I am,

The Benster!

Create Your Own Job, Because EVERYBODY'S an expert at something! Don't know how? Get your FREE 10-STEP BLUEPRINT at: Http://www.CreateYourOwnJob.net/blueprint
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/11/2008 9:59:51 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Beth Schmillen

3061 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/12/2008 5:13:25 AM
Hi Benster!

I didn't mean to sound as though you personally have an ax to grind against the candidate, Barak Obama... I was just responding to the email... I didn't want it to be true! LOL...

So... main stream media says he's straight and narrow, boy scout clean for all we know... others say there may be something to look into?

Well, like i mentioned in the PM i just sent you this is what FREE PRess or freedom of speech is all about... a way to disseminate information and to get the truth to come to the surface...

So, I'm glad you posted that so it could be looked at OBJECTIVELY by anyone who is interested in background information regarding Obama's campaign ....

Make sure you remove any reference to me being the one who posted a chain letter with Laura Bush's electronic signature on it so I don't get into trouble LOL .... (smiles)

Beth
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!