Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Publish or Perish
1/2/2008 4:00:13 PM
Happy New Year 2008 Marketing World! Look OUT .... MistrTim's a Comin!

A very good friend and marketer that I look up to, Larry Brauner, bless his heart... left this door open to me. He sent me an email with the subject line Publish or Perish I just couldn't help myself because it was such a provocative title, I just had to snag it for my article post today. It resonated with everything I've come to know about Online Marketing in today's Internet Marketplace.
Publish or Perish wasn't the subject of his article (which can be seen here Larry Brauner's Blog ) though.

Publish or Perish.
To me it means that if you aren't publishing your own articles (or at least some kind of articles) you simply aren't keeping up with the times. You're a "dodo" in more than one sense of the word (sorry..no offense intended)
My point here is that you simply must connect with your readers, you must establish your presence, and you must exhibit to others that you have something worthwhile to say and that it's worth their time to listen to you, and you'd be surprised, because people WILL listen if you will only just speak up!
Of course it helps to know what the heck you're talking about, and this I see is the stumbling block of many, because they don't think they have anything to say! To those unfortunates I say Bull Crap!
A good friend said to me..I'm not an experienced marketer, I don't know all that much about online marketing or the internet for that matter, and I said to him..but ___ my friend..what DO you know, what do you LOVE, and what could you talk about until the sun comes up? He responded, "well..boating, fishing, and karate".
And I said, "There ya go". Start writing.
It's really about that simple (well..unless you pick some wildly obscure topic and even then I bet you'll still find someone to read it) (gosh..maybe if it's wildly obscure enough you might get more than you expected..that's how new trends are started..lol)
I mean..look at me. I'm just going on here about something that resonated with me. I'm animated and the words are flowing.
I'm enjoying myself, and hopefully entertaining you as well ;-)
But back to the topic. Writing Articles.
Just do it. Write for your blogs, write in your squidoo lenses, and submit your articles to the directories for publication!
Let people know who you are and what you're about. Be real, and talk about real things and your words will resonate with others. Be false and they will see right through you!

Happy Articles to You!
(and much success)

If you want to learn more about blogging and how it can propel your success click on Success ;-)

MistrTim
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Re: Publish or Perish
1/2/2008 4:35:17 PM

Thanks for the information.  I keep writing and never try to get published, silly isn't it?  Yes, I am that dodo you mentioned above.  I bookmarked this website and will investigate further.

Happy New Year.

Sara

+0
Tim
Tim Southernwood

839 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
1/2/2008 4:38:39 PM
Hi Sara,

If you're writing then You're NOT a dodo. Maybe just worried about what others might think of your articles.
Let me help you...and I'll also give you a list (please remind me) of sites to submit to. You'd be amazed at the traffic articles can produce.

Just send me your articles by private message and I'll check them over for you :-)

To Success!
Tim Southernwood/Get eH² Packs!/BlogNet Awards We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit - Aristotle
+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/2/2008 6:19:35 PM
"Thank You Tim...I Enjoy Your Forums"

Let's Celebrate 2008!!

+0
1/2/2008 7:41:31 PM
Now that I am into my second week of blogging .......I am wondering how come I put this off for so long, because I have been on this internet journey for about 7 year's.

I see now that the thought of reading let alone writing word's scared me to death ......... because I thought  (this is not me ......... and I just had to face it) the truth is I WAS CHICKEN !!!!!!!

But sooner or later if you plan to have any kind of success on the internet or just in general you will have to put word's on paper ............ And guess what!!!!!! you just might surprise yourself.

So get a blog going, be real with your words  and the rest will fall into place.

P.S  Please visit mine: http://successblognet.com/socialcommunitys/
Skype-scwealth Email--scishere63@yahoo.com http://scwealth.cybersolutionz.com God Bless you and yours P.S I am here to show you how to earn online.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!