Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10 Fat Burning Foods
1/1/2008 9:03:04 PM

Water, Water Everywhere!
OK, so maybe the first item on this list isn’t really a food per se, but water is nature’s original appetite suppressant. Good old H2O is also an important component of any serious weight-loss plan. Since water makes up about 80 percent of your blood and brain, it is vitally important to good health.

Studies have even demonstrated that drinking water can speed up the process of losing weight. Researchers in Germany found that dieters can increase their metabolic rates by as much as 30 percent after drinking just 17 ounces of water. Since thirst is commonly mistaken for hunger, staying hydrated will keep you from overeating. Not only is water everywhere, but there are plenty of drops to drink. Cheers!

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: 10 Fat Burning Foods
1/1/2008 9:06:51 PM
The Green Tea
As most people know, caffeine can speed up your metabolism, but it is also a drug that has negative side effects. “I enjoy a cup or two of coffee in the morning, but I won’t let a coffee addiction keep me up at night,” Susan says.

So, what’s a coffee achiever to do? Instead of being a java junkie, switch to a cup of green tea instead. Studies show that this remarkable beverage boosts metabolism and may even aid in weight loss. This mood-enhancing tea has also been reported to contain anti-cancer properties and help prevent heart disease.

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/1/2008 9:15:28 PM

Salad Days
The next time a waiter asks if you’d like to start off that meal with a salad, chew on this piece of information: Eating a large salad full of crunchy vegetables is a healthy and delicious way to control your appetite for the rest of the meal.

“Get in the habit of including salads before every meal, and you'll have less of an appetite for your entrée,” Susan says. “You also effortlessly increase your fiber, lower your calories and lose weight without being hungry.”   TAKE home half your entree for lunch tomorrow !

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/1/2008 9:16:36 PM
A Dairy Tale Come True
Got Milk? Well, if you are trying to lose weight, you might want to stop by your local grocery store and pick up a few cartons of moo juice. “Studies show that calcium is a necessary component of weight loss, and other research points to calcium-containing dairy products as an effective adjunct for weight loss,” Susan says. “Make sure your dairy is low-fat or nonfat, such as milk, yogurt, and cheese."
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/1/2008 9:22:31 PM

Soup  Beautiful  Soup
Whether you enjoy it during the evening or any other time of day, soup makes a spectacular appetizer or snack. In fact, according to the latest research out of Penn State University, those dieters who chose soup as a snack before lunch consumed an average of 100 fewer calories per day than others in the study.

“Just like salad, soup works magic on your appetite, filling you up so that you're less hungry for the rest of your meal,” Susan says. “The secret is to choose a broth- or tomato-based soup and not a cream soup, because cream soups are higher in calories and fat.”

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!