Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Sunflower Seeds
12/27/2007 4:32:51 PM
The Amazing Sunfllower Kernel

According to research completed in March 2001 by Dr. K. Phillips of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University , the sunflower kernel is rich in a number of nutrients that have been shown to protect against cardiovascular and other diseases and to act as antioxidants and anti-carcinogens. When considered in aggregate, this amazing kernel packs a powerful nutritional punch.

Sunflower kernels contain high levels of vitamin E, betaine, phenolic acids, and choline. In addition, the kernel is a good source of arginine and lignans. Each of these compounds, while perhaps unfamiliar to the layperson, has been studied by the scientific community and shown to offer a variety of health benefits.

Vitamin E (Tocopherols): May protect against cardiovascular disease.

Betaine : May protect against cardiovascular disease.

Phenolic acids (chlorogenic acid):  Antioxidant and anti-carcinogen.

Choline : Plays a role in memory and cognitive function.

Arginine : Potential heart benefits.

Lignans : May protect against heart disease and some cancers; lowers LDL cholesterol and triglycerides

Sunflower seeds offer an easy way to add some crunch, taste, and nutrition to a variety of foods. Toss them over your salad, mix them in with popcorn, serve them a la carte, or even add them to your fresh baked, whole grain breads and muffins.

When you're on the go, you can find sunflower seeds in many of your favorite Wholefood Farmacy foods such as Phi Plus, Cornaborealis, Corn of Plenty, and ClariPhi.

Visit The Wholefood Farmacy
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Sunflower Seeds
12/27/2007 4:36:27 PM
It's never too late to be what you might have been.
   -  George Elliot
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/27/2007 6:31:36 PM

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/27/2007 6:47:47 PM
Happy New Year !  Pass a glass, I am ready to celebrate !
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/27/2007 6:53:02 PM

Hi Linda,

I heard sunflower seeds are also good for our sex drive.  I learned that on the TV show "You are what you eat" ... it's on the BBC channel on cable.  Also pumpkin seeds. 

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!