Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Did you know that your home could be toxic to your health?
12/10/2007 10:16:20 AM
Hi,
Please read below, it may truly shock you as it did me.

The household cleaning agents, personal care products, pesticides, paints, hobby products, and solvents that make our lives so easy are also sources of hundreds of potentially harmful chemicals. The range of household products that contain potentially harmful substances that contribute to indoor air pollution is wide-reaching and diverse. Some of these products release contaminants into the air right away; others do so gradually, over a period of time. The harmful components in many household and personal care products can cause dizziness, nausea, allergic reactions, and eye, skin, and respiratory tract irritation; some can cause cancer. When you use these products, make sure that you are in an area with adequate ventilation.

What Are The Problems?
Contamination from household products, if limited to low levels for short periods of time, does not pose a serious health threat. However, contamination can occur over a long period of time from a variety of sources, and harmful effects can occur. Where there is prolonged exposure and where there is a possible multiplying effect from the presence of contamination from many different products, the effects can be serious, even fatal.

There are four basic rules to follow when using hazardous household products; 1) Whenever possible, avoid using hazardous household products. Use nontoxic alternatives instead. 2) When purchasing household products, buy only as much as you need; do not buy bulk quantities. Store hazardous products and materials carefully. 3) Dispose of hazardous products carefully. 4) Always read the product label and follow manufacturer instructions. 5) Minimize exposure when using hazardous products.

According to the EPA ( environmental protection agency;

Sources

Household products including: paints, paint strippers, and other solvents; wood preservatives; aerosol sprays; cleansers and disinfectants; moth repellents and air fresheners; stored fuels and automotive products; hobby supplies; dry-cleaned clothing.

Health Effects

Eye, nose, and throat irritation; headaches, loss of coordination, nausea; damage to liver, kidney, and central nervous system. Some organics can cause cancer in animals; some are suspected or known to cause cancer in humans.  Key signs or symptoms associated with exposure to VOCs include conjunctival irritation, nose and throat discomfort, headache, allergic skin reaction, dyspnea, declines in serum cholinesterase levels, nausea, emesis, epistaxis, fatigue, dizziness.

The ability of organic chemicals to cause health effects varies greatly from those that are highly toxic, to those with no known health effect. As with other pollutants, the extent and nature of the health effect will depend on many factors including level of exposure and length of time exposed. Eye and respiratory tract irritation, headaches, dizziness, visual disorders, and memory impairment are among the immediate symptoms that some people have experienced soon after exposure to some organics. At present, not much is known about what health effects occur from the levels of organics usually found in homes. Many organic compounds are known to cause cancer in animals; some are suspected of causing, or are known to cause, cancer in humans.

Thank goodness my friend explained this to me and thank goodness I found a solution. Go to micheleuca.truewealthathome.com to learn more.

You can also check out www.saferforyourhome.com
Take care,
your friend,
Michele Brooks
micheleuca@gmail.com
978-852-9787
+0
Terri Pattio

312 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Did you know that your home could be toxic to your health?
12/10/2007 11:48:10 AM

Michele,

Very informative, they make all these products and you have to be careful when using them. they can harm you later on in life from being exposed after a long period of time.

CRAVE energy drink is set to be shipped in over 40 countries today.

Click here to find out what makes CRAVE different from other energy drinks.

Terri

If YOU want to experience WEALTH and BE SUCCESSFUL in network marketing. Go here to get FREE help now!
+0
Re: Did you know that your home could be toxic to your health?
12/20/2007 4:33:36 PM

Hi Michele,

Thank you for the information I will check it out

Remember Rushing Travel Agent for all your travel needs

Bob and Shirley**** http://rushingtravelagent.com **** http://www.zamzuu.com/rushing **** bob@rushingtravelagent.com ****Join Free http://rushingtravelbiz.com
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!