Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Beware of what info you give
1/26/2008 12:59:02 AM
I've been getting more of these lately. The first one had a Microsoft heading on it. I couldn't quite figure out how I had won a lottery from the UK, when I've never been to the UK. How did I buy the ticket, if I've never been there?That's not to say I wouldn't love to go someday. I might have online friends from the UK, who like me to some degree, but I don't think they like me all that much to put my name into a lottery in their country, instead of their own names. LOL! After having to go through many windows on Microsofts web site, I finally found a way to contact Microsoft, UK, just in case I was really a winner, but sure enough it was a scam. So I'm still standing on the dock, waiting and hoping for my ship to come in. I also supposedly have relatives that died, that left me a great fortune, again from countries I've never been to, and the chances of us being related are just about non-existant. So that's another scam to look out for, as well as the ones where they're playing on your sympathies, and need help processing money requests to different countries. Jan
+0
Tom
Tom Sparrow

666 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
2/5/2008 9:52:55 AM
LOL, I receive about 5 a day.....Those Nigerians will try and scam anyone who is gullible enough to send them money first! I always tell them to take the money out of my winnings and send me the rest in an ATM card! That is the last I hear from them! Also, if you post ads on www.craigslist.com to sell your items locally (FREE to do), do not respond to people who send you an email that says these KEY WORDS: cos, I saw your advert, I am out of the country, etc...
Tom Sparrow-CEO Health Innovations & Marketing, Inc. http://tomsparrow.info (FULL PROFILE) scubapro48@gmail.com Skype: tom.sparrow53 248-624-0942 or 248-705-9716
+0
Kathleen Vanbeekom

13305 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
2/5/2008 10:54:19 AM

I've actually received things like that in the postal mail sent to me from Africa and European countries.  I can't believe the scammers actually spend money on stamps but I guess they're spending other peoples money.

The only legitimate lottery business I know is Lotto Magic, they have been in business for 12 years worldwide and follow all laws.  They have members in all 50 states and several countries.  They don't send out emails about winnings, they just send us our monthly paycheck.  Lotto Magic is a group of people all playing the Florida state lottery together.  No drama, no complaints, no controversy, just a very high quality homebased business. 

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!