Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Tom
Tom Wade

53 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Beware of what info you give
12/10/2007 4:24:33 AM
Hi all, I hope this saves some possible grief, I have receved a similar email almost every day for the past couple of weeks. I wrote to Camelot, the UK lottery administrators, and this is the reply I got:- We do not advise that a player has won a prize on an email. If the mail says "winning notification" or "lottery sweepstake" in the text, the email is not from the uk national lottery. We do not put winning numbers or winning dates on an email We do not advise of a winning amount in an email. We do not ask for aby player information like, name, address, or bank details on an email.(end) Now I would suggest that any reputable lottery would have similar security precautions in place, and this may seem like an obvious scam to most people however, if you are low on cash or new to this kind of business this is a trap. It is designed to hit vunerable or nieve people. Here is a copy of the latest email received this morning. The National Lottery P O Box 1010 Liverpool, L70 1NL UNITED KINGDOM (Customer Services) Ref: UK/8421X2/65 Batch: 076/05/ZY419 Dear Lucky Winner, RE: BONUS LOTTERY PROMOTION PRIZE AWARDS WINNING NOTIFICATION We are pleased to notify you the draw (999) of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY,Online Sweepstakes International Lottery Program held on Nov, 29th,2007. Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from a pool of over 25,000 names of distinguished professionals drawn from all over the world. The result of our computer draw (#978) selected your name and email address attached to e-ticket number:56475600545 188 with Serial number 5368/02 drew the lucky numbers: 03.15.16.19.20.24(26 Bonus Ball), which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category i.e. match 5 plusbonus. You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £2,600,000 (Two Million Six Hundred Thousand Pounds Sterling) in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/03.This is from a total cash prize of £15,533,022 shared amongst the first Nine (9) lucky winners in this category i.e. Match 5 plus bonus. Our European agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. United Kingdom Lottery Fiduciary SEND ALL YOUR CLAIMS AND INQUIRIES INCLUDING FULL NAME:___________________________________________ SEX:____________________________________________ FULL CONTACT ADDRESS:________________________________________ PHONE:________________________________________ CITY:___________________________________________ STATE:__________________________________________ COUNTRY: __________________________ OCCUPATION: ___________________________ ANNUAL INCOME:__________________________________ CONGRATULATIONS!!! At your disposal, we remain. Very Truly Yours, Mrs.Violetta Klose. NOTE:YOU ARE TO SEND YOUR REPLY TO THIS EMAIL:fivewayexpresscouri@yahoo.com. --------------------------------------------- This e-mail was sent using WOL WebMail If the people who sent this would like to meet me to give me the cash I would be happy to report it on this website! As many will be aware I make my business trying things out then being able to give an informed comment on programs, sites etc. About 4 years ago this was doing the rounds then, so I duly filled in the information, on the one I filled in I got another "form" before the money could be released and on that one I was asked - what god do you believe in, what religion are you, and similar stuff. With all that is happening in the world, don't you think that is creepy? With identity fraud being so rife at the moment I urge you to treat these with caution. It could just be a way of gathering email addresses for business if so it is a mean way of doing it. By the way, when I signed one of these forms I did my damdest to get to the bottom of it and get the money I was promised, but did you notice that on the top of the form it is a po box? That is where the trail goes cold when things gety too hot for the publishers of this stuff. Deal with people you know you can trust, and companies with saome track record. I have quite a few at www.tomwadeleisure.ws All advertisers, business, and shopping are tried tested and do exactly what they say they will. I hope this helps Best wishes to all Tom
Thanks for taking the time to read this. www.tomwadeleisure.ws If I can save you money, help you to generate an income, or assist with advertising/exposure please just contact me
+0
Larry Blethen

2241 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Beware of what info you give
12/10/2007 9:00:09 AM

hello Tom...yes I know what you mean...I get the same kind of emails...everyday..thank you for the heads up

Happy Holidays...Larry

Larry Blethen http://www.bluelight-marketing.com larry.blethen@bluelight-marketing.com, 304-369-5603
+0
Meg
Meg Kelly

25 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/11/2007 1:04:58 PM

Never reply to anything regarding winning lotteries ,help me's and notification of winning from UK or Nigeria etc...If you don't recognize it and you did not enter it- spam or block it !!

I used to send f*** offs and ask them to send me money  but they don't respond LOL

+0
Tom
Tom Wade

53 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/13/2007 8:16:00 AM

Nice graphics,

Yours was pretty graphic too Meg ;-)

Tom

Thanks for taking the time to read this. www.tomwadeleisure.ws If I can save you money, help you to generate an income, or assist with advertising/exposure please just contact me
+0
12/25/2007 9:58:37 AM

I am getting at least one of these a week from all sorts of organizations.  I too have tried to get to the bottom this, even going so far as to have these people phone me.  What they wanted me to do was to send them the money to have the winnings sent by courier at a ridiculous rate.  What I do now is to simply block them and wait for the next one to come in.  I think I have now won according to them in excess of 5 million dollars in the last two months alone. 

PEOPLE JUST BLOCK THEM AND HOPEFULLY THEY WILL GET TIRED OF USING YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS. 

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!