Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Welcome to my Forum..Please read
12/5/2007 8:05:58 AM
Hi everyone, I wanted to start my postings with a little bit of statistics and information about Pain sufferers. And about myself( This information is also located in my Blog at www.greaterlifenow.com) My name is Michele and I have lived with Pain for many, many years due mostly to a few spinal tumors called Schwanomma's, which thank goodness were benign but had to be removed from my spinal cord. I have had 5 back surgeries over the past 13 years along with hernia repairs secondary to the weak muscles left from the surgeries. My full story of how I have survived pain. I started right from the beginning, back about 25 years ago when my back pain started. I have included all of my experiences, with hospitals, doctors, physical therapy, pain medications, alternative therapies, and more that I have experienced in hopes to help many others who have had or many be going through now similar experiences. I have tried just about every type of pain relieving regimen, both prescribed by MD's and those that are considered alternative therapies. I became a Registered Nurse 15 years ago, but although I loved working as a floor nurse, my health issues forced me to rethink my career. My job was very stressful and physically demanding having me work long hours, weekends and holidays. I have been working an office Job now for a while. My goal is to work at home 100% of the time. I am on a mission to share with everyone that I come in contact with as much information as I can to help make others live as pain free as possible, including physical as well as emotional Pain. Here is to Health and happiness to all!! I hope I can be a part of making this happen for you. It's sad to say but the one health complaint throughout the world is-by far is pain. It accounts for more doctors' visits than anything else and nothing else even comes close. More money is spent on this one health problem than anything else. Give up? It's pain, or what has come to be referred to as either the "silent epidemic" or the "hidden epidemic." The number of people who have to deal with pain on a regular basis in their life is absolutely staggering. When you examine the statistics associated with pain, it is glaringly obvious that despite all of the often reported advances made in health care, pain is increasingly becoming more common, not less so. The numbers are so striking it's difficult to even grasp the full measure of the problem. Literally hundreds of millions of people are in pain and for many of them it is constant pain every day. For many of the people suffering, their chronic pain is so severe and debilitating, they feel they can't function as normal people. Huge numbers of people believe that pain is simply a part of getting older; that pain is something you simply have to learn to live with. What about you; what's your belief system about pain? Are you one of those who have bought into the inevitability of pain? Are you convinced that because it's so prevalent it's just a matter of time before something starts to hurt? That certainly as time goes by something has to start to hurt? Or are you one of those who are already in pain and have simply resigned yourself to it? Everything to be found regarding how to combat pain revolves around pain management; dealing with, coping with, or in some way learning how to live with pain. With many debilitating problems, such as arthritis, fibromyalgia,lupus, or chronic fatigue syndrome, the medical community declares that "there is no known cause." There is not a word to be found regarding how one might go about removing the cause of the pain because it has been accepted as fact that the cause is unknown. Just because the medical community does not know the cause of your pain that does not mean that no one does. The cause is known, and it can be removed. I am living proof of this. The number one tool in pain management is drugs; Drugs do not fix or heal anything. They simply help to fight symptoms. They do not get to the underlying cause of pain. you should never lose sight that your body is always striving to heal anything that needs fixing, inside the body or not. Until Next time! Wishing you Health and Happiness Always Michele Brooks,RN
+0
Re: Welcome to my Forum..Please read
12/5/2007 8:11:47 AM

Hello Michele,

Thank for inviting me to be a member of your forum.

Shirley

Bob and Shirley**** http://rushingtravelagent.com **** http://www.zamzuu.com/rushing **** bob@rushingtravelagent.com ****Join Free http://rushingtravelbiz.com
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/6/2007 3:42:06 PM

Hi Michele,

Your forum is going to be a most visited  forum here in Adlandpro.  A large percentage  of members here  live  with cronic pain as  we are largely elderly, disablabed, suffering or potentaily suffering some of what you discribe.

I count my blessings that I am basically pain free altho I have arthritis and osteoporosis which means I manage not control what is about to happen.

Thank you in advance for what you are about to do.

Mary

+0
12/6/2007 4:27:00 PM

Hi Michele,

with great interest I have read your post, it is to premature to give any comment at this moment. Please give me some days, so that I'm able to post a meaningful reply. Just let me attend you of the following, in here the adland  community are fine caring and sharing members, which are pleased to support, take advance of the friendly advise given, I do it myself. And may be in the near future I can be of any help as well.

Take care, best wishes Bernd

+0
Terri Pattio

312 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
12/6/2007 5:08:20 PM

Michele,

Glad to meet you here. I am in the health and wellness industry.

Click here to visit my website.

Terri

If YOU want to experience WEALTH and BE SUCCESSFUL in network marketing. Go here to get FREE help now!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!