Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Come celebrate with Anamaria Padurean !!!!!!!!!
12/2/2007 1:38:28 PM

An AdLandPro Feature 
A window To The World
for pleasure, love, and peace

Friends!

I along with my teammates, Goodwill Ambassador John Sanchez and  Peter Fogel,  present this forum to you, for your pleasure.

Peter, welcome to the team !

KALEIDASCOPE TEAM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

R O M A N I AWHO IS BOGDAN FIEDUR?

By John Sanchez

The purpose of this FORUM is to highlight, traditions and customs that make life better, like bringing the family and loved ones closer in celebration, promoting brotherhood, and above all PEACE.

Today we have our feature submitted by the lovely Anamaria Padurean she has painstakingly put together this feature for our enjoyment and knowledge, lets all join and wish her and her country a very happy birthday

Hello Everyone and GREETINGS from ROMANIA!

WELCOME
and
 THANK YOU
for joining me on this very important day for my country.

It is such a honor for me to introduce you ROMANIA right on our "birthday"

December 1st,

Romania's

National Holiday

In between Est and West, North and South, our birth and history was marked by the hush winds blowing over crossroads.

To write about us, in a few words is beyond impossible, as Romanian's history goes way back into the ages with so many switches and turns; perhaps the only thing kept still during the times was the Romanian's patient, friendly and peaceful nature.

I thought a lot how to build up this post in order to be on the most of your "taste" and interests; that is why, finally I decided to put up more subjects for each of you, depending upon your "appetite" - you may read about
GEOGRAPHY
HISTORY

POLITICAL SYSTEM
 FIGUERS FROM ROMANIAN CULTURE
seasoned with a few "examples". Some of the subjects were already touched in my forum dedicated to ROMANIA, where you can read more about our traditions and of course about the well known DRACULA - Legend or Reality! ;-)

I bet (and for sure I'd win!!! :-D  ) none of you have ever wondered WHAT WOULD BE THE
WORLDWITHOUTROMANIA!?
That was interesting, wasn't it?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itidLk5Dd3k

With great sense of humor and a huge strength to go on, despite hard and difficult times, Romanians were always able to show their poetic and musical spirit, whether manifested through folklore or cultured (educated). Which ever the case,  here on our land NATURE was always the best allied of the people! One of the best illustration of the above said would be CIOCARLIA!!!
Listen to what a skilled person can do with a few wooden tubes, just blowing some air through them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzyoqDz04v4&mode=related&search

Hope, my presentation wasn't too long and it was interesting enough!
Wish you all wonderful and peaceful winter holidays, along with your beloved ones!

With lots of friendship,
Anamaria

Anamaria, heres something interesting I found while browsing around about your lovely country !!!

The Legend of March Amulet 

http://www.european-schoolprojects.net/festivals/Romania/martisor.html

There you are folks!  We  hope you have enjoyed reading
and learning about Romania, take time to
come and wish Ana Maria and all our friends from Romania on their national day !

Thank you so much  Ana maria for all the hard work and a feature well done we hope you are celebrating this day with much fun !

warm greetings to all

John, Pauline & Peter
The Kaleidascope Team

+0
Re: Come celebrate with Anamaria Padurean !!!!!!!!!
12/3/2007 1:12:06 AM

Hello to my partners Pauline and Peter and to our guest the sweet Ana Maria!  :-)

Great job Pauline and Peter!  8)

And CONGRATULATIONS to Ana Maria!   ;-)

I've had the pleasure of speaking with Ana Maria on Skype and I must say she is one of the sweetest members I've spoken with. She has a very pleasant voice and sweet deamor. I'm glad she is the one who is representing Romania for this issue of the Kaleidoscope.

Congratulations again Ana Maria!  :-)

JOHN

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/3/2007 10:45:54 AM
Hello Pauline, John and Peter!

GREAT TEAM!
THANK YOU AND CONGRATS to YOU!

Finally I made it through here!

Now, we have something that none in EUROPE has:
THE BIGGEST CHRISTMAS TREE!

I think this to be beautiful, though, they should do something more useful for the people instead!? but say POLITICIANS! They only work for the eye!?

Our day was great!

Looks youtube is not working too well so I'll give them another try!

Here it is the first:

WHAT WOULD THE WORLD BE WITHOUT ROMANIA!

+0
Ana Maria Padurean

4280 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/3/2007 10:54:56 AM
I forgot to tell you WHY December 1st is our National Day!

This is when the most Romanian language speaking people were united in the same state. Until December 1st 1918  most of the time  Romanians lived in  more countries!  read more about this in our history! - much of this being politics!

The second youtube of my first post was dedicated to my music lover friends!

This is it, hopefully working this time :-)

Enjoy,
Anamaria
+0
La Nell !

3647 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/3/2007 11:10:49 AM
www.state.gov/p/eur/ci/ro/        Anamaria,you are a special friend. Thanks Pauline and team. LaNell
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!