Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
From where shall come the Messiah?
11/29/2007 12:35:32 PM
   When I accepted Bahaullah, Founder of the Bahai Faith I was   encouraged to study the Bible. The Teachings of the Bahai Faith states that all the Founders of the World Religions, Jesus, Moses, Muhammad, Krishna, Zoroaster, Buddha Abraham etc.c. had promised a Spiritual World Teacher would come spoken of in the escatologic (teachings of the latter days) parts of their holy scriptures. So He, the World Teacher was not only promised to the Christian world community. Not only Christians would be "saved". That sounds fair, don't you think.

Since I had received a faith in Jesus as Gods Divine  Messenger through my recognition of Bahaullah as the Redeemer of the world, I was naturally very interested in the study of the bible:
I had seen in the promises of Christ that He would come back in the year of 1844.(see notes at the end of the article) Here I will tell what I found  in the Bible concerning the place from where He would come.
I have consulted "Thief in the Night" by William Sears for all the facts.
Micah had said that of the place where Jesus would appear the first time:

"But thou, Bethlehem...out of thee shall come forth unto me that is to be the ruler of Israel."
Regarding the place where He would come for the second time we read in Micah.
"I will wait for the God of my salvation...in that day also he shall come even to thee from Assyria..." Micah 7:7 and 12.

Let's hear Ezekiel:
"'And, behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the east." Ezekiel 43:2.
This is clearly a reference to the second coming of Christ. In His first coming He came from north and west of Jerusalem.
See also  in like manner Isaiah...41:2 saying it was God Himself Who had :

" raised up the righteous man from the east, called him to his foot, gave the nations before him and made him rule over kings"

Also Jesus Himself says, speaking of His return, :
"For as the lightning cometh out of the East...so shall also the coming of the Son of Man be."

I have said that also other holy Books contain prophecies about the Coming of a World Redeemer and we can read in the Sibylline Books (Jewish Oracles) that the 'King Messiah' of the time of the end would' come from the sunrise' (The Messianic idea in Israel, J.G.Klausner, 1956, p 376.

A buddhist sect of Japan, who spoke of the Redeemer, called Amitabha, claims He would come from the West. Of course.

The prophet Jeremiah speaks of things that' shall come to pass in the latter days' and in the verse preceding this he says:

'And I will set my throne in Elam (Persia)...saith the Lord', Jeremiah 49:38.

There is a wellknown prophesy among the Arabs, speaking of the time of the end:

"When the promised One appears, the upholders of His faith shall be the people of Persia. (the Dawnbreakers, Nabil p 49.)

"Daniel foretells the suffering that will follow the coming of the Messiah in the time of the end. He prophesies that this suffering will last until His truth has been accepted.He warns that in the day of the coming of the new  Messiah:
'  there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time...'
In these prophesies, Daniel links Christ inseparably with the One Who has the appearance of the 'Glory of God'. Speaking of the time of the end, Daniel promises that:

'At that time shall Michael stand up...and at that time thy people shall be delivered.' Daniel 12:1.

Enoch also mentions the same Michael, saying

'And I will give thee...the great Captain Michael, for thy writings and for the writings of thy fathers...And I shall not require them till the last age
(The Book of the secrets of Enoch, trans.Charles, p 48)."

And William Sears continues:
"My next assignment was to identyfy this Michael who would deliver the children of God in the last days. The answer can be found in chapter ten of Daniel. There Daniel speaks of the overpowering vision which came to him in the land of Persia. and he says:
'But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days; but lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me...' Daniel 10:13.
In the next verse, Daniel, is told that this vision concerns the time of the end and:
'what shall befall thy people (Israel) in the latter days.' Daniel 10:14.
Then the Lord makes the following promise to Daniel:
'I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth...' Daniel 10:21.
In this very same verse, Daniel is told by the Lord that only Michael, the Chief Prince of Persia, understands the meaning of this latter day vision. The Lord says to Daniel:
'and there is none that holdeth with me (God) in these things, but Michael, your prince.' Daniel 10:21.
Michael is obviously a prince of Persia, but a spiritual prince.....The name Michael, translated into English, means One who looks like God. This yet another way of saying 'The Glory of God'.
Daniel, like Ezekiel when he beheld ' the Glory of God' fell to the earth, overcome, when he beheld the glory of this Messenger.
'And when he had spoken such words unto me, I set my face toward the ground and I became numb.' Daniel 10:15.

....The final chapter of Daniel speaks of the last days:
'And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people...and at that time thy people shall be delivered...'Daniel 12:1."
So William Sears concludes: "There could no longer be any doubt but that Michael was a spiritual prince, a representative of God. Could he be the Messiah? Would he come at the time foretold, which I had already ascertained from the Bible? The next question, therefore was: When would this wonder take place? When would Michael, Prince of Persia, Who looked like God, appear and deliver the people?
Daniel was told when this would take place:
1.In the latter days...Daniel 10:14
2.'At the time of the end shall be the vision', Ibid 18:17
3.'The words are closed up  and sealed  till 'the time of the end Ibid 12:9
4.'Shut up the words, and seal the book, even unto the time of the end',Ibid 12:4

Then in vision, Daniel sees the last days, and the coming of 'the Ancient of days', the Promised One Who will unseal the books.:...
'...ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. Daniel 7:10.
In this same chapter Daniel says that in this hour
'...one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven.' Daniel 7:13
A few verses later Daniel repeats:
'And the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the Most High; and the time came that the saints (believers) possessed the Kingdom.' Daniel 7:22.
In this same chapter, Daniel says that this will come to pass following:
'a time and times and the dividing of time.'Daniel 7:25.
This we know to be three and a half years, or 1260 days; or in the measure of biblical prophesy;1260 years.
In the final chapter of Daniel, it is said again that Michael, Prince of Persia, the Ancient of Days, will stand for the people of the Lord, and deliver them in the hour when the books are unsealed. This also will take place, Daniel prophesies, after:
'...a time, times, and a half-'Daniel 12:7.
Therefore, we again come to this same identical time of 1260 years.
In Persia, the land where Daniel wrote his prophecy, the land of Michael, Who looks like God, the year 1260 is identical with the year 1844, of the calendar of the West.
Thus, once again, I learned: 1.) that the year 1844 would be the time for the appearance of the Messiah; 2.) that He would be 'One who looks like God' or the 'Glory of God'; 3.9 that He would appear in the land of Persia.
I now had two converging clues, of time and place, in The case of the Missing Millennium."

Christ had promised in Lukas 21:24-27  that He would return when the times of the Gentiles (Non- Jews, romans, moslems) ended.
That 'time' occurred in 1844 when the Edict of Toleration was established by the British and the Turkish Ottoman authorities, allowing freedom of religion throughout the Turkish empire, which included Palestine.
He also promised  in Matt.24:13-14 that He would return when the Gospel had been preached all around the globe. That also occurred in 1844, when the International Bible Society declared that this was fulfilled. The last spot was reached when the Christian missionaires reached the interior of Africa in 1844.
There is also a third prophecy by Daniel, referred to by Christ. It also points to 1844. It has been elegantly elaborated and explained by James Wright in his Forum: Religion - a basis of discussion.

I hope you, who are looking for biblical truth will be intrigued by these statements, all  of which I have gathered from "Thief in the Night, The Strange Case of the Missing Millennium" by William Sears, American writer and radioreporter who studied the Bible for 7 years to come to all embracing conclusion regarding the second coming of Christ. The book is published by George Ronald 46 High Street, Kidlington, Oxford , England.Tenth reprint 1978.

Greetings from Laila Falck
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: From where shall come the Messiah?
11/29/2007 1:32:40 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!