Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Re: Time Management
8/8/2005 5:58:53 PM
Thanks Kathy Doerr, Paul Davey, Donna Lira, Kathy Brown, Carmen Cortés, Eileen Harvey and Alma Rocha for coming by and posting. I will be back after 10:30 pm MDT to post my 2 cents as well. Kenneth
+0
8/8/2005 6:46:42 PM
Hi Kenneth, Here is my personal solution to Time Management. Time and task management was taught to me years ago when I was a junior buyer trainee in the department store business. I learned to keep a steno pad and list the tasks by priority in black ink and strick through them in red when they were finished. A group of tasks were dated and numbered to be finished in that work day. In order to do exactly that one had to begin early and continue until the task was done. I have realized later in life that this was excellent training and works even when working on one's own. If you set out the next day's tasks in numerical order and have the discipline to stick to it, soon it will become a habit! Time takes care of itself if you simply work on the task until finished.
+0
8/8/2005 7:15:43 PM
HI Judy, Time Management & Being Organized are 2 essential keys to a successful business! First, get yourself a very good daily organizer. What I mean by that is an organizer that you can buy at Wal-Mart, or wherever you buy office supplies, which comes in with daily calendar pages that are broken down into 15 minute increments for the day! I hope you known what I mean! Second, Take and write down any personal appointments you may have for the week, such as doctor appts, etc. Then the next time slots you want to mark down is any training calls etc. you need to be on for the week. Once you have written down all the above items into your organizer then you will work on figuring out your time for other things. You should already have a time planned that you will work on your business! Let's say you have decided that your business hours will be 12pm - 8pm. This means you let everyone know that these are your hours that you have planned on doing your business, and not to contact you after those hours, or before. Before I go onto planning out the rest of your day, let me tell you that I use 5 different highlighters to blot out my times. For example, I use blue for my personal appointments, orange for any training I need to be on, yellow for appointments I have set up with my prospects, pink for household chores I have alloted time for, and purple time to do other things with my business like emails etc. So, next plan your day out...time to wash dishes, running errends, grocery shopping, time you will spend calling leads, everything you need to do throughout the day you need to plan it out and write it into your organizer and highlight accordingly. Once you get use to doing this and follow your organizer accordingly, you will see how much more you will get accomplished. For anyone that would like more info on time management using my technics you may email me at jamila13us@yahoo.com. Marilyn L. Ali
Marilyn L Martin
"The ALP & TGAMM Couple"
"Rick & Marilyn Martin...Married 11/17/06"
Spiderweb Marketing http://thespiderwebsystem.com/jamila

Traffic Tornado
http://traffictornado.com/x/p2.cgi/6053/

+0
Lee
Lee Talmadge

612 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/8/2005 7:42:14 PM
Hi Ken, This link she may find to be helpful,I found it very helpful . http://www.counsel.ufl.edu/selfHelp/timeManagement.asp
+0
Drbob Siegman

247 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/8/2005 7:42:32 PM
Hi Kenneth, Well sounds like Donna real hit it on the nail on the head. Not much to add there. You might also want to check with Greer, Mind Tools has a great time management course. I believe he has all the info on it. Today, I Will Be More Than I Was Yesterday, And even more than that Tomorrow!
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!