2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Is the Internet nearing capacity?
11/26/2007 6:10:54 AM
Hello Shirley,

Thanks for coming along.

Interesting news article, if you got the time to look at it.

Blessings,
Sarah
Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
New Reply
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/26/2007 6:23:10 AM
Hello Roger,

They can be frustrating as well as being very useful, can't they!!

There are many things that I can't do because I'm only on dial-up.

However, there are many things that we can do.

If it wasn't for my puter, I would not be able to meet so many people or do business with people and supplement our income. I'm thankful for that.

You know, with our gite business, people used to ring us and I'd send them the details by snail mail and then wait for them to ring again and then wait for the booking form and the booking deposit to be sent back to me by snail mail.

Despite being on dial-up the process is now much much quicker and the only snail mail on my part is sending back their security deposit (although that is sometimes done online too).

I hope you get your puter sorted soon.

Blessings,
Sarah

Believe it or not, but my Imperial typewriter is almost exactly the same as this one!
Angel Cuddle Cafe Empowering You to Live with Ease in Love, Joy and Abundance Angel Cuddle Publishing Angel Cuddle Trails Click here with your ghostwriting needs
New Reply
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/26/2007 6:28:00 AM
Larry, thanks for coming by.

I hope you are right and I have my fingers crossed that France Telecom will finally think us deserving of Broadband and a modern telephone system here in little ol' Plaigne.

I was told by them to move if I wanted it!

I think I'll stick with my wonderful views and dial-up (til it goes bang, which it does quite often!)

blessings,
Sarah

New Reply
+0
Sarah Pritchard

2399 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/26/2007 6:35:27 AM
Hello Keith,

You can sympathise with me then. LOL

Sometimes when I'm trying to do something, I just have to give up and often when people send me photos or large enclosed documents it just blocks my outlook and I have to go onto the webmail, which as Roger pointed out is a very slow way of doing it!

I think perhaps you are right in that there up necessary technology upgrades etc but is it going to make the Internet non-affordable for some people, even many people, as someone will have to pay for it all down the line.

Fingers crossed that the Internet remains a positive modern technology for us all.

Blessings,

Sarah

New Reply
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!