Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Sue
Sue Dietrich

281 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
SELLING ICE TO A ESKIMO
11/18/2007 4:49:03 PM

Selling Ice to a Eskimo is how things are going to be with the rising costs of Gas, Milk and everything else. As people have been coming to work telling me I can sell Ice to a Eskimo is a awesome complement. Most of all they want to know how I do it. I have to be honest when I tell them it is something we all need to take the time to do.

First off we have to be friendly make a friend. When you first meet someone don’t just try to sell them something. Get to know them even if its small talk. People want to know you are interested in them not just trying get them to join or sell something. If they are truly not interested in the product you are selling, feel your friends out see if they may be interested in someone else product. If they don’t’ want any product well that is ok also. Still you have a friend most of the time they will tell their other friends. Which will help build your customer base. That Word of Mouth thing.

Second believe in the product you are selling. If its just a job things will be hard. I do a lot of Promoting but I will not Promote something if I do not believe in it . People can see if its just a job to you or if you believe in it. Even on line feeling s do come across. I work in a large retail store I am the first to tell a customer that a product might not be right for them , then I will subject something else. They will respect you big time for that.

Don’t over power them. To keep on them all the time will only push most people away or to cause them to just block you. Then you have lost a sale and friend. Touch base with them after they have received your product. Keep a friendship if you can. Make them feel you are interested in them. Of course we all get busy and don’t have a lot of time.

Just a quick hello is all it takes for them to say oh yeah and refer you to someone else.

Most of All

Keep Smiling

Peaches

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: SELLING ICE TO A ESKIMO
11/18/2007 10:45:07 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Beryl Payton

2592 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/19/2007 6:45:55 AM

Hi Sue,

Thank you for the invite and the information.  This is so true. 

I had a business partner and everytime I had a really good referral ready to sign with me, he would start hounding them.  I would present the offer to them and stand back and give them some breathing room to absorb what they have been presented with. 

He would start calling them, sometimes they said 10 or 20 times a day.  They finally back out of the deal and said call me when you are no longer affiliated with that nut.  Yes, it is fair to say, I threw him overboard like a loaf of day old bread.

Now they follow me again.

thank-you_40.jpg picture by jeana900

Blessings,

Beryl

This Is The Healthy Lifestyle Feature-rich Information Website - Family Owned and Operated Vial Virtual Solutions Helping Business to Achieve Their Dreams
+0
Sue
Sue Dietrich

281 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/24/2007 4:24:14 PM

Thank you Beryl for the lovely comment you made. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Keep Smiling

Peaches

+0
Sue
Sue Dietrich

281 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/24/2007 4:27:31 PM

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.  I have to take a moment to Thank you for posting and all the comments you leave. It does truly mean the world to me.

Keep Smiling

Sue :)

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!