Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Prayer and Meditation
11/18/2007 7:58:09 AM
Gods Word
Prayer and Meditation
Prayer
Since we are the creatures that God has created and that He wants us to love Him He has  thus planted in us a hunger and thirst for His Spirit.

I loved thy creation, hence I created thee, Wherefore do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and fill thy spirit of life.

There is no peace for thee save by renouncing thyself and turning unto Me.

In order to  raise ourselves above society's materialism we need to pray asking Him to help us. Prayer is like that  invisible string or bond between the embryo and the mother in mother's womb, through which it receives nuorishment letting it grow.
In the materialistic surroundings of todays world we forget to cling to that invisible but strong spiritual bond ,that cord that exists between us and our Creator, which is called prayer and through which we can receive that mystic Force called spirituality and which in its essence, is love.

The Guardian says:
     Indeed, the chief reason for the evils now rampart in society is the lack of spirituality. The materialistic civilization of our age has so much absorbed the energy and interest of mankind that people in general do no longer feel the necessity of raising themselves above the forces and conditions of their daily material existence. There is not sufficient demand for things that we should call spiritual to differentiate them from the needs and requirements of our physical existence.
    The universal crisis affecting mankind is, therefore, essentially spiritual in its causes. The spirit of the age, taken on the whole , is irreligious. Man's outlook on life is too crude and materialistic to enable him to elevate himself into the higher realms of the spirit.
     It is this condition, so sadly morbid, into which society has fallen, that religion seeks to reform and transform. For the core of religious faith is that mystic feeling which unites man with God. This state of spiritual communion can be brought about and maintained by means of meditation and prayer. And this is the reason why Bahaullah has so much stressed the importance of worship.
...The Bahai Faith, like all other Divine Religions, is thus fundamentally mystic in character. Its chief goal is the developement of the individual and society, through the acquisition of spiritual virtues and powers.
                     It is the soul of man which has first to be fed.
And this spiritual nourishment prayer can best provide. Laws and institutions, as viewed by Bahaullah, can become really effective only when our inner spiritual life has been perfected and transformed. Otherwise religion will degenerate into a mere organisation, and becomes a dead thing."

Bahaullah has revealed hundreds of volymes and letters. Among them are many prayers for daily use:

O God, and the God of all Names, and Maker of the heavens!
I entreat Thee by Thy Name through which He Who is the Dayspring of Thy might and the Dawning-Place of Thy power hath been manifested, through which every solid thing hath been made to flow, and every dead corpse hath been quickened, and every moving thing been confirmed - I entreat Thee to enable me to rid myself of all attachment to any one but Thee, and to serve Thy Cause, and to wish what Thou didst wish through the power of Thy sovereignty, and to perform what is the good pleasure of Thy will.
I beseech Thee moreover, O my God, to ordain for me what will make me rich enough to dispense with anyone save Thee. Thou seest me, O my God, with my face turned unto Thee, and my hands clinging to the cord of Thy grace. Send down upon me Thy mercy, and write down for me what Thou hast written down for Thy chosen ones. Powerful art Thou to do what pleaseth Thee. No God is there but Thee, the Ever-Forgiving, the All-Bountiful.

Recite ye the verses of God every morning and evening...both studying the holy texts and to pray.

The Bahais are also bidden to pray daily obligatory prayers. We can choose from three prayers. Here is the shortest, to be read at noon or at some point up to 4 o'clock. Hereby we are constantly in touch with the flow of the Holy Spirit.
             I bear witness, O my God, that Thou hast created me to know Thee and to worship Thee. I testify, at this moment, to my powerlessness and to Thy might, to my poverty and to Thy wealth. There is no other God but Thee, the Help in Peril. the Self-Subsisting.

Meditation
  While we are meditating we are speaking with our own spirits.
...you put certain questions to your spirit and the spirit answers..(.Abdu'l-Bahá eldest Son of Bahaullah)
However we must consider this:
 All that the sages and the mystics have said or written have never exceeded, nor can they ever hope to exceed, the limitations to which man's finite mind hath been strictly subjected. To whatever heights the mind of the most exalted of men may soar, however great the depths which the detached and understanding heart can penetrate, such mind and heart can never transcend that which is the creature of their own conceptions and the product of their own thoughts. The meditations of the profoundest thinker, the devotions of the holiest of saints, the highest expressions of praise from either pen or tongue, are but a reflection of that which hath been created within themselves, through the revelation of the Lord, their God.
...Immesurably exalted is He above the strivings of human mind to grasp His essence, or of human tongue to describe His mystery. Bahaullah

Abdu'l-Bahá says: (excerpts from Paris Talks)
...if the faculty of meditation is bathed in the inner light and characterized with the divine attributes, the results will be confirmed.
The meditative faculty is akin to a mirror; if you put it before earthly objects it will reflect them. Therefore if the spirit of man is contemplating earthly objects he will be informed of these.
But if you turn the mirror of your spirits heavenwards, the heavenly constellations and the rays of the Sun of Reality will be reflected in your hearts, and the virtues of the Kingdom will be obtained...
...Through the faculty of meditation man attains to eternal life; through it he receives the breath of the Holy Spirit - ...Meditation is the key for opening the doors of mysteries. In that state man abstracts himself: in that state man withdraws himself from all outside objects; in that subjected mood he is immersed in the ocean of spiritual life and can unfold the secrets of things-in-themselves. To illustrate this, think of man as endowed with two kinds of sight; when the power of insight is being used the outward power of vision does not see.
The faculty of meditation frees man from the animal nature, discerns the reality of things, puts man in touch with God.

Bahaullah revealeth in His Hidden Words,( from  Persian, 2):
 O MAN OF TWO VISIONS!
Close one eye and open the other. Close one to the world and all that is therein, and open the other to the hallowed beauty of the Beloved.
...Thou art but one step away from the glorious heights above and from the celestial tree of love. Take thou one pace and with the next advance into the immortal realm and enter the pavilion of eternity. Give ear then to that which hath been revealed by the Pen of Glory.
...Be swift in the path of holiness, and enter the heaven of communion with Me. Cleanse thy heart with the burnish of the spirit, and hasten to the court of the Most High.
O SON OF DUST!
Blind thine eyes, that thou mayest behold My beauty; stop thine ears, that thou mayest hearken unto the sweet melody of My voice; empty thyself of all learning, that thou mayest partake of My knowledge; and sanctify thyself from riches, that thou mayest obtain a lasting share from the ocean of My eternal wealth. Blind thine eyes, that is, to all save My beauty; stop thine ears to all save My word; empty thyself of all learning save the knowledge of  Me; that with a clear vision, a pure heart and an attentive ear thou mayest enter the court of My holiness.

See for contact with Bahai: www.Bahai.us or www.Bahai.org.  The link below describes parts of the dramatic history during which the Bahai Faith was inaugurated, in 1844. Film 2 and 4. And you will meet the Bahais. Who are just like you and me, commoners but carriers of a weighty Treasure.
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bahaullah+and+the+bahai+faith&search=Search

I will present more studies, texts,prayers and meditations

Good Luck to all readers
and kind regards from Laila Falck
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Donald Rich

1529 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Prayer and Meditation
11/18/2007 7:39:34 PM

Bahais I have heared of. Madonna is a member I beleve, also another singer.

It takes more then a readind to change your Religen. it dose have some good points.

+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Prayer and Meditation
11/21/2007 6:26:45 AM
    Hi Donald
Thank you for visiting my forum, thanks.
It does take more than reading you say. In a way you are right: Bahaullah says, "Let deeds, not words be your adornings." But we also know that the Word of God is creative and the basis of new life.                                                           So I opened my mind and heart to God,thinking He is the only one who could see me on the inside,  read and CHANGED when the lines of  Bahaullah were put in front of me. And I have never doubted about the truth hidden in the Bahai Faith.

The divinely revealed verses from Hidden Words are for me like the "Hidden Manna and made me change myself from fear and unbelief to Belief and it was like falling in love:

5      O SON OF BEING!
          Love Me that I may love thee. If thou lovest Me not, My love can in no wise reach thee.

For me the Hidden Words by Bahaullah is my divine source of meditating and guidance:

3        O SON OF MAN!
           Veiled in My immemorial being and in the ancient eternity of My essence, I knew My love for thee; therefore I created thee, have engraved on thee MMine image and revealed to thee My beauty.

4        O SON OF MAN!
            I loved thy creation, hence I created thee. Wherefore, do thou love Me, that I may name thy name and fill thy soul with the spirit of life.

6         O SON OF BEING!
             Thy Paradise is My love; thy heavenly home, reunion with Me. Enter therein and tarry not:This is that which hath been destinesd for thee in Our kingdom above and Our exalted dominion.  

7           O SON OF BEING!
               If thou lovest Me turn away from thyself, and if thou seekest My pleasure, regard not thine own;that thou mayest die in Me and I may eternally live in thee.

8           O SON OF SPIRIT!
               There is no peace for thee save by renouncing thyself and turning unto Me; for it behooveth thee  to glory in My name and not in thine own; to put thy trust in Me and not in thyself, since I desire to be loved alone and above all that is.

9            O SON OF BEING!
                 My love is My stronghold; he that entereth therein is safe and secure, and he that turneth away shall surely stray and perish.

10           O SON OF BEING!
                 Thou art My stronghold; enter therein that thou mayest abide in safety. My love is in thee; know it, that thou mayest find Me near unto thee.

Excerpts from the Book of Certitude, by Bahaullah

"...They that tread the path of faith, they that thirst for the wine of certitude, must cleanse themselves of all that is earthly - their ears from idle talk, their minds from vain imaginings, their hearts from worldly affections, their eyes from that which perisheth. They should put their trust in God, an, holding fast unto Him, follow in His way. Then will they be made worthy of the effulgent glories of the sun of divine knowledge and understanding, and become the recipients of a grace that is infinite and unseen, inasmuch as man can never hope to attain unto the knowledge of the All-Glorious, can never quaff from the stream of divine knowledge and wisdom, can never enter the abode of immortality, nor partake of the cup of divine nearness and favour, unless and until he ceases to regard the words and deeds of mortal men as a standard for the true understanding and recognotion of God and His Prophets.

These texts are the meditation for today.

Greetings to all from Laila

PAUS

21th november 2007

Prayer

Lauded be Thy Name, O my God! I entreat Thee by Thy Name, through which the hour hath struck, and the Resurrection came to pass, and fear and trembling seized all that are in heaven and all that are on earth, to rain down, out of the heaven of Thy mercy and the clouds of Thy tendercompassion, what will gladden the hearts of Thy servants, who have turned to Thee and helped Thy Cause.
Keep safe Thy servants and Thy handmaidens, O my Lord, from the darts of idle fancy and vain imaginings, and give them from the hans of Thy grace a draught of the soft-flowing waters of Thy knowledge.
Thou, truly, art the Almighty, the Most Exalted, the Ever Forgiving, the Most Generous.
                                                                              Bahaullah

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!