Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: The Second Coming of Christ...and the Millenium - Part I
11/3/2007 11:00:07 AM

Hi James, I address this post to Lissa,

I am quite new to this forum, but I am very interested in everybody's interest in the second coming of Christ. So, I'll jump right into what you quoted. And ask:

WHO DID SEE THE PERSON JESUS CHRIST RISE INTO THE SKY, WHERE does it say that Jesus in His body went up to this firmament we call the atmosphere AND THE STRATOSPHERE AND THE OZONLAYER..

I do not know the Bible by heart as most Christians seem to be, lavishing quotations on the readers, but surely I have come to believe in Christ, BECAUSE I am a Bahai.  (More about that below)and a followerof Bahaullah (1817-1892) Founder of the Bahai Faith.

So who were the witnesses of Him, Jesus, and His body going up into the sky that covers the earth. Give me the quotation of the bible? Will you. It is assumed that He will come in  Person from the earthly heaven for a second time. From this assumption many seem to base another assumption that there have been witnesses to His ascending in body into this heaven. If there were no witnesses, we can forget this issue. I know this much, the grave was empty of the body of Christ, when  two women believers went there.

So how did they see His body ascend into heaven? In Matthew 28 we learn about the angel saying He has arisen from the dead and that the disciples met Him and was comforted,  we may assume, by Him. But who actually saw Him go up into this sky? To rise from the dead doesn't mean that He went into the sky above the earth. The angel doesn't say so. So where is this said.? I have read Matthew 28.  

My, let us say personal, belief is like this. He, Jesus had to comfort the sad disciples through showing them His  body as He once was, because they had a weak spiritual faith in Him, being still chocked at His  death on the cross. To really believe in Jesus must be to know Him in Spirit, without seeing the body or being aqainted of how He looked like. However, as Jesus was a divine Pedagogue and compassionate, He " showed" them, made them see  His body, as it once was, with wounds and all, to comfort them. Of course He could do such a thing.  Would that harm our faith in Him? I do not think so. In that vision of the disciples He must have carried a body made up of the unearthly elements of the world beyond. Because flesh is flesh and spirit is spirit. Flesh deteriorates whereas the spirit and its possible veillike form cannot , because it is not compounded by different material elements. It is eternal.

We may leave the disappearance of His body as a mystery,  no one knows but that angel who said He had rised from death.... leave it like that, just like it is a mystery how the Holy Virgine could give birth to the babyJesus. We Bahais believe in this mystery. This is my attitude.                                                 

The main Message of Jesus Christ however, was to teach us to love God and follow His commandments. Nota bene, to love God when He, Jesus in Person, was not there any more. Because the Spirit rules and is free above the material world. Why try to explain mysteries?  If we do, the mystery is no longer a mystery. It becomes a churches' dogma of the priests. And this tradition is ageold.

There is a main MYSTERY that we have to care about. The more I believe , and that is Gods mysterious love, generated through the Holy Spirit  bestowed onto His Faithful  Messenger like suns radiance, warming our HEARTS, turning us into lovers of mankind, lovers of God and performers of good deeds, making us the wellwishers of mankind.. I'd say,without that quickening of our souls, we would just perish. You agree, don't you?

So, where does it say Jesus went to up through the atmosphere? Even breaking through the ozonlayer. The angel did not.

In fact: No one has seen such a bodily" ascension", I'd say. And we do not know what the angel saw. I'd like to suggest to you this: that Christ came to Gods heaven of the Spirit when He got His CALLING as a Messenger of God. He, really confirmed, came to "the heaven of the love of God."He had been tried in the desert and been found worthy. Was called,And started to preach. Many years later He went up to THAT heaven. And His body dissappeared.
The concept of ascension may ALSO mean that His Teachings of Love were ascended when they , with the spread of His Message of Gods love were accepted by many people. The Teachings got a higher station than it had had in the beginning. It rose to the sky of the hearts and minds of various peoples.  This last wordings of mine is for me the most important. I only ask for the quickening of the spirit, On top of all we may enjoy the mysteries of God, performing His miracles. Why not? Would that lessen our love and eagerness to be near Jesus and God, through Him?.

And..SO..when He comes  for the second time He comes from that Heaven, = a new Messenger of God having got His CALLING, bearing another NAME comes Rev.3:12,13 to again teach the overall ruling Law of the Love of God.

(When Angels "descend" I'd say they just become visible  in front of our eyes, coming from the invisible, where our eyes aren't meant to see anything. Mostly.We just call the invisible realm of the spirit "heaven", that heaven having been misunderstood and mistaken for an earthly one.)  Heaven is nothing but spiritual gladness for us human beings, not a geographical place. With that force of spiritual love we will be able  to move about in the eternal love of Gods realm.

My question remains to be answered, Will you do that? That my understanding (=my reasoning mind, my intellect) and my soul and my heart can accept it.  And ,will you ponder for a while on my possible solutions as for the concept of "heaven".

Bye for now
Laila

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892
Founder of the Bahái'Faith 

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2007 11:38:03 AM

Hi Laila,
Thank you for gracing us with your wonderful input and questions. I missed a chance to visit the Bahai center when I lived in Los Angeles and knew that comedian Dick Gregory was a prominent member. Your information is very helpful in these discussions.

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/3/2007 12:18:37 PM

Well, it seems there is no rest for the weary. I am in Minden, Nevada, and I have to go pick up a patient in Yuma, Az. and transport them to Saskatoon, Seskatchewan, Canada. So I will not be able to moderate any posts unless I find a computer along the way. Please feel free to post, and I'll eventually get back to you. Have a great day everyone!

+0
11/6/2007 10:05:26 AM

Hi Laila,

For the sake of others I post the following:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bahá'u'lláh (ba-haa-ol-laa Arabic: بهاء الله "Glory of God") (November 12, 1817 - May 29, 1892), born Mírzá usayn-`Alí (Persian: میرزا حسینعلی), was the founder of the Bahá'í Faith.

He claimed to fulfill the Bábí prophecy of "He whom God shall make manifest", but in a broader sense he also claimed to be the "supreme Manifestation of God".

Bab - Siyyid `Alí Muḥammad (Persian: سيد علی ‌محمد) (October 20, 1819July 9, 1850) was the founder of Bábism. He was a merchant from Shíráz, who at the age of twenty-five claimed to be the promised Qá'im (or Mahdi). After his declaration he took the title of Báb (Arabic: باب) meaning "Gate." He composed hundreds of letters and books (often termed tablets) in which he stated his "messianic claims" and defined his teachings, which constituted a new sharí'ah or religious law. His movement eventually acquired tens of thousands of supporters, was virulently opposed by Iran's Shi'a clergy, and was suppressed by the Iranian government leading to thousands of his followers, termed Bábís, dying. In 1850 the Báb was shot by a firing squad in Tabríz.

Bahá'ís claim that the Báb was the forerunner of their own religion. Bahá'u'lláh, the founder of the Bahá'í Faith, was a follower of the Báb and claimed to be the fulfilment of his promise that God would send another messenger.

Bahá'ís is a religion rooted in Islamic teaching.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jesus' ascension was witnessed by the disciples. Matthew 28 is about His, Jesus, resurrection from the dead not His ascension which took place after he had shown Himself, talked to, ate with and opened the disciples minds and taught them. Read in Luke 24 starting in v 36 - 51

Jesus is God manifest there will be no gods before Him. He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. All others will bow before Him. Jesus says of Himself I am the Way, the Truth & the Life.

Jesus says:

John 8:12 - "...I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life.

John 8:58 - "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am."

John 10:7 - Jesus said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.

John 10:11 - "I am the good shepherd; the good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.

John 11:25 & 26 - "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

John 15:1 - "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.

The long and the short here is: God, the Father & God, the Son & God, the Holy Spirit are the same person. Jesus is God in the flesh. His name is Immanuel or God with us Matthew 1:23

Respectfully, Laila, God is NOT Baháulláh and Jesus is not ruled by him or the Bab. Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

In Jesus name

Doug

I've Recently Discovered the Secrets to Making Money on the Internet & Enjoy Sharing With My Friends
+0
11/7/2007 6:18:58 AM
Laila
You are quite right in asking questions.

Doug has answeed your question better than I could do. I am more of a believer than a fact finder. So, sometimes I am not able to explain certain things. Acts of the Apostles was written probably by Luke.

I don't know to explain Resurrection. I believe in the Resurrection of Jesus, because I believe in Jesus as the Son oF God.  and Jesus had foretold that he would resurrect. I can not define resurrection; I know it is not reincarnation; it is not like Lazarus who was brought back to life to continue where he left. Resurrection is different.  I am sure someone who reads this forum wil offer to explain it. 
Who were the witnesses to the resurrection? No one. But people believe sometimes without proof and without witnesses.

Re: Ascension? Jesus had asked his disciples not to leave Jerusalem until they receive the Holy Spirit. When they all met together while they were still talking The Ascension took place. Disciples were the witnesses. That include Apostles and many other faithful followers. That is the way I understand. I ask questions about lots of things. In this case, I have no questions, I believe in what is written in the Bible.

Laila, if you need a better answer, watch this forum. Someone will do that for you.

Sincerely
Lissa

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!