Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
The Second Coming of Christ...and the Millenium - Part I
11/2/2007 10:30:47 PM

Hi Friend, there are many texts in the bible which support the Second Coming of Christ. I'd like to examine a few of them. Some of you are guilty of making some very long posts. I will not mention any names, however, I am requesting that when you respond, please keep your posts to a couple paragraphs or so. Anyone can copy and paste pages from somewhere else. If you have pages you'd like to share, please make a link to where we can go to look at them should we choose to do so. Thanks!

-------------------------

THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST...

AND THE MILLENIUM

THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST IS THE GREAT HOPE OF THE CHURCH, THE GRAND CLIMAX OF THE GOSPEL

John 14:1-3  Hebrews 9:28  Acts 1:9-11  The promise and manner of His return

Revelation 1:7  Matthew 24:27  His return will be literal, personal, and visible to all

Matthew 16:27  Man will then receive his reward

IMMORTALITY IS A GIFT TO BE BESTOWED UPON THE RIGHTEOUS AT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST

1 Timothy 6:16  Job 4:17  God "only" has immortality while man is mortal

Ecclesiastes 9:5,6  Psalm 146:3,4  The condition of man in death is one of unconsciousness

1 Thessalonians 4:16,17  1 Corinthians 15:51-55  Immortality will be bestowed upon the righteous at the second coming of Christ,  when the righteous dead are raised from the grave and the righteous living translated to meet the Lord

------------------

If anyone has some more texts they'd like to share concerning this issue, I'd be happy to see them. Please share also your thoughts or your own beliefs concerning the state of the dead and what will happen to them at the end of time

------------------

+0
Re: The Second Coming of Christ...and the Millenium - Part I
11/3/2007 3:42:45 AM

Acts of the Apostles  1:8-11

"
But you will receive the power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." 
When he had said this, as they were watching, he was lifted up and a cloud took him out of their sight.  While he was going and they were gazing up toward heaven, suddenly two men in white robes stood by them. They said "
Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking up toward heaven?  This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven"

Lissa

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Second Coming of Christ...and the Millenium - Part I
11/3/2007 9:25:46 AM

Hi Lissa, it's good to see you again. I hope all is well with you!

Here is another text related to the events leading up to the second coming of Christ

Matthew 24:3-7

+0
Marisol Sosa

757 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
WHEN WILL BE JESUS' SECOND COMING?
11/3/2007 9:26:29 AM

Jesus said, "NO ONE KNOWS about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but ONLY the Father." (Matthew 24:36). Jesus said, "Be on guard! Be alert! You do not know when THAT TIME WILL COME." (Mark 13:33). Jesus said, "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know the day or the hour." (Matthew 25:13). They (the Scoffers) will say, "Where is this 'coming' He promised? Even since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." (2 Peter 3:4). For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and WILL NOT PROVE FALSE. Though it linger, wait for it; IT WILL CERTAINLY COME....(Habakkuk 2:3). HE WILL APPEAR A SECOND TIME, not to bear sin but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for Him. (Hebrews 9:28). AS SURELY AS THE SUN RISES, HE WILL APPEAR;...(Hosea 6:3). Jesus said, "BEHOLD I AM COMING SOON!..." (Rev. 22:7,NIV).

http://massachusetts.pressmania.com/all/194/185807.aspx

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: WHEN WILL BE JESUS' SECOND COMING?
11/3/2007 9:46:24 AM

Hi Marisol, I'm happy to see you here. Thank you for sharing these important texts and sharing your faith, especially in public places. I look forward to seeing you again.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!