Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: God's Justice and Judgement...Part III
11/1/2007 12:51:14 PM

Keith, I will back you up again. We are all human beings and subject to error. We also have finite minds, which makes it impossible to understand everything that is available to us on earth. One day, hopefully, this will change...according to this text:

1 Corinthians 15:51-53   I don't know about you, but I can hardly wait for this promise to be fulfilled!

However, the more time we spend in contemplating the life of Christ, the more like Him we will become!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: God's Justice and Judgment...Part III
11/1/2007 2:41:27 PM

Joyce, I know you addressed your last post to Terry, and I'm sure he will respond, however,

I just wanted to say something...you are cool!!

Bless you my friend.

+0
11/1/2007 5:00:08 PM
Jim, you said this.

However, the more time we spend in contemplating the life of Christ, the more like Him we will become!

I believe when we read the NT and with good intend then what you said is real that if we do our very best to follow what Jesus Christ did and said, then we cannot be too far away from the truth. Religion is made man.

Jesus Christ is real. He show us the way and told us the way.

Nobody comes to the Father, but through me. Accept me as your savior and you will be saved.

This is my opinion and my truth.

+0
Laila Falck

358 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
11/1/2007 6:32:08 PM

Hello James and Everybody!

I'd like to add some interesting  and very POSITIVE findings regarding the ominous year of 1844.

During the 1840ies the whole Christian world threw themselves out into all corners of the world to deliver the Message of Christ. Bible societies were founded from the early 1800s and sent the eager missionairies to deliberately help  fulfill the prophesy regarding the Return of The Holy Spirit, Christs second Coming, bearing ANOTHER NAME.

Christ made three main promises in answer to the questions from His disciples as for WHEN He would come.

We learn in Matthew 24:3 ..."Tell us, when shall all these things be? And what shall be the sign of Thy coming" and Christ answers in Matthew 24:13-14

1."But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. And this gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness....then shall the end come.

The disciples again asks: Luke, 21:7...."When shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass? And Jesus answers in Luke 21:24-27

2. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled....And then shall they see the Son of Man  coming in a cloud with power and great glory."

First promise  was fulfilled in this way: The campaignes that were launched during the 1800th century were so many that a Bible scholar Dr.D.L.Leonard, historian, tells about this all encompassing religious enterprise in these wordings:" for the first time  since the apostolic period, there occurred an outburst of general missionary zeal and activity." Already in  1840 the British and Foreign Bible Society were founded. This was "in fulfillment of the prophesy" it was said by those who studied the prophesies.

The American Bible Society was organised in 1816. In "Midnight Cry", May 4th 1843, G. Storrs says that the British and American Societies, which had innumerable branches carried the Gospel to all the parts of the world. The international Bible Society decided all spots of the earth was covered by 1844 when also the interior of Africa was reached by the Message of Christ.

Regarding the fullfillment of the second prophesy we shall find that, by the establishment of the Edict of Toleration of 1844, the Jews were allowed to enter the homeland of their ancestors. This is a treaty between the English government and the Turkish Ottoman Empire giving religious freedom to all members within the Turkish borders. So the road was clear, much due to the preassure laid down by the British authorities.

Many other references could be presented. Page after page is filled with them in the texts I have studied.

As for the third promise Mr James Wright is quite well informed.

In 250 places the Christ mentions His comeback. In the third promise we can also see the hints about Christ's first arrival.

I became a follower of Bahaullah, (1819 - 1892 Founder of the Bahai Faith, already in the 70ies. I was urged, while  studying His Teachings to examine the Bible so that I may be well confirmed in His,  Bahaullahs, Faith. His name means The Glory of God .  This NAME is flooding the Bible. And it is the name of aHoly Personage.                                                                                                          

So during my early Bahai days, (37 years ago) I dived into the prophesies with an enormous interest. In my studies, night and day, I was much helped by the Spiritual "detective story" Thief in the Night, subtitled theStrange Case of the Missing Millennium , by William Sears . Through it I came to an understanding of the irrevokable promises of Christ. It was a wonderful time, and I am still so amazed at these dear ageold riddles of the Holy Book. I am still enjoying  the most prolonged Surprise of my life. It takes the Lord Himself to achieve this marvelous intrigue of all time.

Why then has all this been abandoned today? The awaiting of the Redeemers second coming? Well, there were some misunderstandings. Those "clouds" for one thing, was a disaster for the seekers who had sold everything, house, cattle properties, in order to meet Jesus on the clouds (with his old name) on the top of the hills..BUT clouds do not come from above, they rise from the earth. There is an answer as for the meaning of the "clouds".

I believe: Simple and plain prejudice and earthly imaginings, taking the symbols, not as symbols carrying an inner significance, but literally. Alas for that. And alas again. This  is just one example. Nature is Gods secret and open Book and bearer of the attributes of God, conveying inner meanings.

One group of seekers, German Templars came closest as to the interpretation of the hints and riddles of the Bible. They settled at the foot of Mount Carmel in 1844. They formed a colony, built houses. Their doors decorated with these words, that still can be seen:.  "Der Herr ist nahe"= The Lord is near.

In 1844 the Gate was indeed opened. The Herald of Bahaullah, Báb, (meaning the Gate) declared that He was to prepare the way for The Glory of God, Bahaullah. At the same time He, the Báb closed the Prophetic Era, beginning with Adam.

Later the remains of the Báb was to be brought to Mount Carmel. Bahaullah, prisoner of the Turkish state also arrived at the Holy Land and was first incarcerated in the old Crusader Fort of Akka.

From His Prison he adressed the Kings and Rulers of the world in mighty apeals, to listen to the Message of God for this day. To reconcile and settle all strides and work for the wellbeing of their inhabitants and for example lower the exorbitant taxes raised for warfare.  Otherwise they would be "toppled off their thrones" (old Testament, remember) and the reins of authority would fall into the hands of the people. They didn't listen and they lost their empires. We know the fate of the Tsar.

Only the Queen in London, Victoria, read  His message with some interest.: "If this is   from God it is good, if it is not  from God it will do no harm."

Bahaullah adressed her once again when she had abolished slavery and promised her that since she had acted so well, she would have a very long reigning period. We know how it turned out to be for her, she reigned for 60 years. But who cares about the other Emperors today.

Morse sent his first message "What has God wrought" in 1844.

We might wonder, still, who is then  the Founder of the Bahai Faith, bearing this name:The Glory of God? It is for all to investigate, with an open mind. Turn to God for guidance. Let the heart listen.  That is my advice. I am only a convinced and happy Bahai who informs you. See how it looks on Mount Carmel at www.Bahai.org. Get the book by William Sears via the American Bahai Centre

All the best to you readers.
Laila Falck

"Earth is but one country and mankind it's citizens" "The source of arts and crafts is the power of reflection" Bahá'u'lláh.1817-1892 Founder of the Bahái'Faith
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
11/1/2007 6:37:44 PM

Keith, thank you for sharing my friend.

John 14:6,7   Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really knew me, you would know my Father as well.   From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!