Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Protect Yourself!
8/6/2005 9:05:37 AM
HI all this just came across my desk this morning.I wanted to get this out to you :) During the next several weeks be VERY cautious about opening or launching any e-mails that refer to the World Trade Center or 9/11 in any way, regardless of who sent it. PLEASE FORWARD TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. FOR THOSE WHO DON`T KNOW, "WTC" STANDS FOR THE WORLD TRADE CENTER. REALLY DANGEROUS BECAUSE PEOPLE WILL OPEN IT RIGHT AWAY, THINKING ITS A STORY RELATING TO 9/11! BIGGGG TROUBLE !!!! DO NOT OPEN "WTC Survivor" It is a virus that will erase your whole "C" drive.. It will come to you in the form of an E-Mail from a familiar person. I repeat, a friend sent it to me, but called and warned me before I opened it. He was not so lucky and now he can`t even start his computer! Forward this to everyone in your address book. I would rather receive this 25 times than not at all. So, if you receive an email called "WTC Survivor", do not open it. Delete it right away! This virus removes all dynamic link libraries (.dll files) from your computer.
+0
Mark Wade

69 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Protect Yourself!
8/10/2005 9:01:27 AM
Good Morning Eileen, You might not need this, but in the spirit of trying to help I thought I'd give you a link to someone I have watched and learned from for quite a while now. His name is Bill Hely. This is a quote from his Blog; "He is the author of several books on technology for the business operator, including the bible of Internet and computer security The Hacker’s Nightmare™." I've seen Bill help quite a few folks online with security stuff :-) http://hackersnightmare.blogspot.com/ Have a great day, Mark
b5media ought to be known as bsmedia. That's my message for now...
+0
Eileen H

986 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Protect Yourself!
8/10/2005 9:06:56 AM
Thanks For the link Mark, I appreciate it and will go see what Bill has to offer :)
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!