Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
I have a product that most people will probably buy only once...
8/5/2005 10:04:09 PM
I already have a sign-up form on my site, but my question for someone who's been in it a long time is, how can I build up a list of customers who will only likely buy once from me anyway. I am selling an eBook on how to speak a second language. My question might not be unique, but I am curious to see what others say about this situation. Kris
+0
Re: I have a product that most people will probably buy only once...
8/5/2005 11:02:22 PM
Hello Kris, Thank you for your question. This is a fantastic example to work with. Let's start by identifying your product - speaking a secong language. I see what links to this is - Culture - Holidays - Religion - Families - Technology - Current Events. There are so many. I will assume that your market speaks English for this example. You wish to create a newsletter or a blog that people will "sign up" for. Take any and all of the topics I listed above and write about it. Also take these topics and submit them to ezines that are related to foreign language, travel, ancestry, history, etc... This will give you some great FREE advertising if it is published. Some ezine ads can run you up to $6,000.00 depending on circulation. Or start your own ezine and offer ad spots to others that have similar needs. When you write them make sure they are filled with keywords that link back to your product and/or you. Paint a picture of why they would want to learn the language you offer. Maybe they would find it easier to go to that place for vacation IF they spoke the language. Maybe they would understand the culture better if they could read a publication from that area. Maybe they feel distant from other family members because of a language barrier. (Cousins, Uncles, Aunts, Grandparents) Why is educating oneself in another language important? Courtesy. Respect. Knowledge. Maybe a high school student needs help with foriegn language to enter college. There are so many ways to look and write about this and don't lock in on one. Use them all. The more writing you do in this the more your readers will decide to buy. Also publishers of ezines love alot of different content. If they choose just one of your writings you will have hit a goldmine. You made it to the ezine and that must mean you are an authority on the subject. That is what is percieved by the average reader. Example - you write an article and you submit it to The Wall Street Journal. Topic - Dollars vs. Pesos - The hidden treasures in Mexico. They like your article and run it. You have hit paydirt my friend. You are now an authority just for being in the WSJ. This is just one approach to your question. Make sure that you have backlinks in your ebook as well. Backlinks can be to affiliate products you sell, a suggestion, and back to your website that will archive your articles. You want to keep a circle going with your product, especially for future add-ons of your business. Hope this will help you. Feel free to leave comments on this and pass the word that we are here. Thanks again for your question. To our success Kenneth R Sword Jr
+0
8/7/2005 11:52:05 AM
Dear Kenneth and Kris, I have an ezine at http://www.maggszine.com. We have a section called Spanish for Gringos....and would love to promote learning a second language. Kris I will put a plug in for your ebook at no cost to you, and would love to have articles submitted for free publication. If you are interested after looking at the site send me an email at: maggie@maggszine.com. Consider joining and help us network. Great forum Kenneth!
+0
8/8/2005 3:24:05 AM
Hello Maggie, First, thanks for stopping by the forum. And second, You coming in with your ezine validates my point above. For Kris, a common courtesy when submitting articles for publication is also offer your product(for free) and ask if they can review it and give a testamony in their publication. Another form of networking. Also, include the ezine publisher's link and people will see you have an "implied" endorsement and the ezine gets more coverage as well. A win-win situation. Good luck to both of you. Thank you for contributing to the forum. Kenneth R Sword Jr
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!