Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
My Newest Edition and Getting OVER 100 MPG!!!
10/20/2007 5:19:15 AM
Just had to share. I purchased this about a month ago and I am having a ball AND getting over 100 MPG.

It's a Honda Ruckus Scooter (Yes, the one on the right). I'm riding it about 45 - 50 miles a day and I like it better than a car. And talking about environmentally friendly???

It holds 1.3 US gllns of gas. I fill up every other day and spend between $2.60 to $2.90. That is buying the premium stuff that is going for $2.91/glln right now. It's very quick and handles the Rocky Mountains very well.

I registered it (in Colorado) for $5.25 for 3 years. It's classified as a motorized bicycle. It's great to get around on. I have even seen a few senior ladies riding scooters in the mountains.

You'll be surprised how easy it is to ride. No special license. I recommend everyone think about saving money and the environment with one on these, even if it's not this model/style.

You can find many used ones for sale on craigslist in just about every city or go to your local cycle shop and ask to take a test drive. Once you do you'll be heading home with one.

Kenneth R Sword Jr
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: My Newest Edition and Getting OVER 100 MPG!!!
10/20/2007 7:21:25 AM

Hey Ken,

Awesome that you have found a way to contribute to reducing the carbon footprint.  I have been looking a scooters too, for my wife and son who communte to school and work.  These are great for commuters and running short errands.

Unfortunately my service truck cannot be replaced by one so i still buy higher octane gas and drive with common sense.  My mileage has increased and I haven't had to buy any additives or pills :-)

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Re: My Newest Edition and Getting OVER 100 MPG!!!
10/21/2007 2:46:44 AM
Hello Kenneth,

Now that sound like a real good deal with gas price on a constant rise. If it was enclosed maybe like a golf cart I would say definetely yes. I guess it's a woman's thing, getting your hair all missed up, you know (LOL) or getting wet. 
Thanks for the info it's a good deal I appreciated.

God Bless,
Gaby

God Bless Everyone
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!