Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Anchorage, Alaska
8/4/2005 11:30:14 PM
My Dad took our family to Alaska in 1957, when I was 12 years old. We drove to Alaska over the Alcan Highway, which was an adventure in itself. The Highway was not paved and there were few amenities or facilities along the way. We were pulling a small travel trailer, which added to the problems of getting thru all the mud holes and dangerous terrain. It was a rough trip, but oh, so beautiful. Coming from Louisiana and Texas, this was God's Country. Mountains and lakes and wildlife everywhere. When we arrived in Anchorage, 5th Ave. (one of the main streets) wasn't even paved. The town was just growing up. Today it is the largest city in Alaska and very modern. There are several, huge, modern Super Malls; beautiful homes, parks, and civic centers. Yet, 5 miles out of town and you are in the wilderness.
+0
Craftie Linda

1349 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Anchorage, Alaska
9/26/2005 5:51:50 AM
Hi At this rate I soon will not have to read your full story. Thanks Linda
+0
1/17/2006 1:34:27 AM
I have never been there but some folks seem to like it. My cousin just moved back from there to Ida LA. But he pastored an Assemmebies of God Church there for the last 14 years. He worked in the south side first on and island for about 10 years . Then on to the noth side for 4 years. I think you really have to be God Called to go and live there.hehehe. It gets to cold for me in southern AR. LOL Rednecks freeze when the temp drops below 60 degress. God Bless Johnny
+0
Kathy Clark

172 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
1/17/2006 1:39:30 AM
Johnny, You are too funny. I agree, rednecks should only go to Alaska in June. But June is absolutely breathtaking. It is warm, sunny, and beautiful. You can experience fishing like you never even dreamed of. Or just take a camera and start shooting. A picture anywhere you look. Thanks for stopping by.
+0
1/29/2006 12:36:29 PM
Where are the affordable places to live in Alaska? I've considered making a permanent move there in the next 6 months or so.
Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." -S.Paige
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!