Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: God's Justice and Judgement
10/9/2007 10:24:16 PM

Hi Judy, yes, there are definitely some good places to go, and occasionally they have overnights there, which would be a pleasant change. I am tired of being on the road all the time. It would be nice to sleep in my own bed once in a while!! Which I do very little of with this job, and the hours are terrible.

+0
1/24/2008 3:32:08 PM
Hi Jim,

I know this reply comes a long time after your post, but hope you don't mind me posting anyway.  I've indicated your comments with your name as well as making them blue, and mine with my name.  Hope you can follow what I've done.  Wish I knew how to make the Scripture references clickable, but I'm not that internet savvy.  Sorry.  Getting back to the topic at hand:

Jim: As the heavenly books are examined, either the sins are blotted out or the names removed.  This will determine who, from among all the dead, shall be raised to eternal life, and who, among the living, shall be taken to heaven with them

Joyce: Salvation comes solely as a result of faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ,  Romans 5:1; 3:23-25; 3:28; 4:4,5; 6:23; John 3:16; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8,9.
Salvation comes from God’s mercy and not from our righteousness, Titus 3:5; Romans 11:6.

Justification is the judicial act of God whereby He declares a repentant sinner righteous at the moment that sinner repents and believes.  He imputes (credits) the righteousness of Jesus Christ to the sinner’s account.  This is a legal change in the attitude of God toward the sinner.

Throughout the Christian’s life, he/she may develop great personal righteousness through the help of the Holy Spirit, and the Christian should work  toward holiness in the fear of God.  However, personal righteousness does not  save.  A person is saved on the basis of imputed righteousness which comes
only through the finished work of Christ on the cross.  1 Peter 3:18

The Bible tells us that Jesus entered the Most Holy after his resurrection and sat on the Father's Throne.  Eph 1:20; Col 3:1 ; 1 Pet 3: 21,22 ; Heb 1:3 ; Heb 9:12; Heb 10:12; Heb 10:19; Heb 12:2

Jim: I gladly accept Jesus Christ as my one and only priestly Mediator who now dispenses the benefits of his atonement in my behalf in the sanctuary above...and what about you friend?

Joyce: Jesus Christ is my Saviour and I have the promises from the Bible that I will spend eternity with Him.

John 3:18 – “He that believeth on Him [Jesus Christ] is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.”

John 3:36 – “He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not life; but the wrath of God abideth on Him.”

John 5:24 - "Truly, truly, I say unto you, He that heareth my Word, and believeth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life."

I John 5: 12 – “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.”

What a great hope!
Joyce
Helping Others Succeed http://partners4profitsite.com
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
1/24/2008 4:01:57 PM

Hi Joyce, welcome! This discussion could go on for awhile, and now you've basically reactivated it. Allow me if you will, to provide text links for your post? I'd be happy to do it for you, and thank you for sharing your thoughts!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!