Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: God's Justice and Judgement
10/8/2007 8:56:43 PM

Arthur, in response to this statement, please see the texts I shared with Keith.

On the cross, Jesus did not say to those crucified with Him that they would, one day, face judgement. He said, "Today, you will dwell in the house of my father."

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/8/2007 9:04:07 PM

Arthur, I need a little more input here please:

Judgement Day also precludes the possibility, which so many of us treasure, that we will be re-united with our loved ones upon our own death.  (Show me a text or two to prove your statement)

This is quite a large and fundamental breach in the fabric of what Jesus taught in his ministry on Earth. He did not mention judgement except as an on-going and current process by which God knew each of us. (Please back up your statement with a text)

While Luke speaks of the resurrection of the Just, he does not say when or how that shall occur. (Back up text)

Matthew, in the parable of the talents, speaks more of an earthly justice and rewards in this realm but, even if you transliterate what is said, there is no indication at all of a final Judgement day. (Show Text please)

In my forum, I need proof from the Bible of statements such as you have made. In all my threads, I back up everything with Bible texts.

Thanks!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/8/2007 9:25:35 PM

Gerald, I just finished listening to your sermonette!! Here's what I got out of it:

L - ove  John 3:16  Out of love, God sent His Son to save us

I - mpossible  Romans 3:23  We have all sinned, and come short..

F - orgiveness  Ephesians 1:7  In Jesus we have redemption...

E - ternal life  John 1:12; 14:6  Thru Jesus

Revelation 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.  (Favorite Text)

Ecclesiastes 12:14  For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

Romans 5:8  But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Habakkuk 2:4  Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.

You are a true man of God Gerald. May you be blessed!!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/8/2007 9:33:28 PM

Hi Judy, I did a little more research today about the company I'm looking at. Here's the link for those who may wish to look: Amerijet  I also took a look at the flight schedule, and to my delight, I found they do not fly on Saturday, except for one route. I spoke with my pilot friend who is working there, and he said you bid for your schedule, and most of the time, you will get it.

I've always said that if the Lord wishes me to make the move, He will open the doors for me. If not, He will close them. Matthew 7:7 says:  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: God's Justice and Judgment
10/8/2007 9:50:49 PM

Pierre, all I can say is AMEN Brother! I could not have said it any better. Thank you for sharing my friend, and may God Bless You!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!