Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: God's Justice and Judgement
10/5/2007 10:34:56 PM

Hi Jolanta, thank you for stopping by! If we share our lives with God on a daily basis, He will send us a double portion of blessings. Not only that, but everything that we do will turn out much better than we ever dreamed! Have a great weekend.

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/5/2007 10:38:06 PM

Hi Sara, honestly now. Yes, I'd say that justice will be done in our lives. Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

+0
10/6/2007 2:07:30 AM
Well Done James.
Thank you for your sharing and the clickable links for the verses are a great idea.
Have a lovely week end.
Keith.

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
10/6/2007 2:08:09 AM
Dear James !

If this guy can say thanks then i'm reading !

Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
Arthur Webster

600 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
10/6/2007 3:00:46 AM

Hi, James,

Judgement day is one aspect of many Christian sects that I have real trouble with.

I believe in a vengeful and wrathful God but I also believe Him to be of endless and patient love.

The God I believe in could not possibly condemn anybody to eternal suffering or even non-existence. The idea of a Judgement Day is quite a unique concept but clashes, totally, with the basic Christian belief that our loved ones who die enter into the presence of God and are welcomed by his angels and archangels.

On the cross, Jesus did not say to those crucified with Him that they would, one day, face judgement. He said, "Today, you will dwell in the house of my father."

Judgement Day also precludes the possibility, which so many of us treasure, that we will be re-united with our loved ones upon our own death.

This is quite a large and fundamental breach in the fabric of what Jesus taught in his ministry on Earth. He did not mention judgement except as an on-going and current process by which God knew each of us.

While Luke speaks of the resurrection of the Just, he does not say when or how that shall occur.

Matthew, in the parable of the talents, speaks more of an earthly justice and rewards in this realm but, even if you transliterate what is said, there is no indication at all of a final Judgement day.

The Old Coot

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!