Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Phillip Black

5931 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Be Careful What You Say...
9/27/2007 3:18:01 PM
"May the words of my mouth, and the meditations of my heart, be acceptable to You, O God, my Rock and my Redeemer."       Psalm 51:17

Hi James,

Thanks for sharing these Inspiring words with us here today.

In his book Words to Live By, Sidney Greenberg wrote  "One of God's most precious gifts to us is the power of speech.  It separates us from the animals and from the world of nature.  It should be used with kindness, care and compassion." (pg, 100).  If we each took a moment and thought about all the various forms of communication we engaged in today, would they be pleasing to God?

The Bible teaches that we are all made in the image of God.  As such, we have an obligation to approach every conversation, every communication, as if we are approaching God.

When we pause, even for the count of three, so that we might choose our words more carefully, then our words will be more pleasing to God.  When our words and conversations are based on the qualities of kindness, care and compassion, they will be more pleasing to God.

For myself at least, the way to create more meaningful communication is to become aware of what I say, and to always ask myself this question: will this be pleasing to God?  We must all be aware of our underlying purpose in using these words, that is to share and to care, to heal and not to hurt.  Also, you might be surprised how this brief pause, even for just a few seconds, will often lessen that anger, that frustration, or that hurt that you were feeling and allow you to communicate positively rather the negatively.

Thanks again James for this thought-provoking post.

God Bless You My Friend,

Phil

“There may be trouble all around, but I am calling you to a place of peace. Be still and know that I am God. Come to Me, and I will give you wisdom, strength, and grace for everything you face." Psalm 46:10
+0
Rinna Rani

5162 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/27/2007 3:24:51 PM

JAMES WRIGHT
for sharing the above post.  I truly appreciate it.

Take care and have an outstanding day!

Love, Rina
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/27/2007 3:28:11 PM

You are Welcome Phil!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/27/2007 3:31:37 PM

Hi Rina, thank you so much for stopping by my friend. I did receive your email, and I will tend to it. I've just been super busy. Take Care!

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/27/2007 3:31:57 PM

Hi Jim,

That was a powerful story.  Biting our tongues is sometimes so difficult and not doing so may result is us being bitten down the road.  If I had a nickel for every time I started to say something, thought about it and bit my tongue so I wouldn't say it, I would be a rich woman.  But, I will be even more rich in the long run!!

Blessings.

Judy

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!