Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Our Marines !
9/27/2007 1:44:00 PM
This is for those of you who have the common sense to learn the facts about Iraq and our war there! (That is the MANY Facts PROVING the Iraq war is fully justified and is a very necessary part of our War On Terror!.) US Marine Colonel Simcock, commander of USMC Regimental Combat Team (RCT) 6 in Iraq, is asking for 6,000 positive emails to his Marines. That's one email for each Marine in his RCT command. COL Simcock is concerned about the effect of the negative barrage those Marines are getting through the main stream media. So far, they've only mustered 2,000 emails. That's a crying shame compared to the amount of fluff I get daily in email. It takes only 30 seconds of your time. Here's the email address: RCT-6lettersfromh@gcemnf-wiraq.usmc.mil If you're reading this email, then you can probably click on the address, type a few words, and then hit "send" to be all done. It doesn't have to be the Gettysburg Address. Something as simple as "Hello, Marine. We thank you for what you're doing. You are in a noble task. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Best wishes & get home soon" is more than sufficient. An excerpt from an interview with the Colonel: ''Is there anything that you and your Marines need that we could send you?'' COL. SIMCOCK: (Chuckles & says.) '' I'll tell you what, one thing all Marines want to know about -- and that includes me and everyone within Regimental Combat Team 6 -- we want to know the American public are behind us. We believe the actions that we're taking over here are very, very important to America. We're fighting a group of people who, if they could, would take away the freedoms America enjoys. If anyone -- you know, just sit down, jot us -- throw us an e- mail, write us a letter, let us know that the American public are behind us. Because we watch the news just like everyone else. It's broadcast over here in our chow halls and the weight rooms, and we watch that stuff, and we're a little bit concerned sometimes that America really doesn't know what's going on over here. So we get sometimes concerns that the American public isn't behind us and doesn't see the importance of what's going on. So that's something I think that all Marines, soldiers and sailors would like to hear from back home, that in fact, yes, they think what we're doing over here is important and they are in behind us. .... AND, PLEASE PASS THIS EMAIL ALONG TO YOUR FRIENDS! ... SHOW OUR MARINES WE CARE!
+0
Jerilyn Merideth

1618 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Re: Our Marines !
9/27/2007 1:56:17 PM

Hi Linda,

I will send an email and I will pass this on to family and friends.

Thanks,

Jerilyn

Jerilyn Merideth http://www.critterpower.com "Cutest Critter Photo Contest" now through April 30, 2011. "The purity of a person's heart can be quickly measured by how they regard animals" ~ Anonymous"
+0
Steven Suchar

13302 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/27/2007 2:34:21 PM
Hi Linda!

Thank you for bringing this to us today. :)  OMG...we could easily handle this right in ALP alone!!  I will definitely send an email for support. lol

How about the rest of you friends??  Please show your much needed support here.

Have a pleasant day...your OREO friend Steven.

There is no such thing as a little freedom. Either you are all free, or you are not free.
~ Walter Cronkite ~

untitled.jpg Support image by franknstines
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/27/2007 3:44:20 PM

I am happy to support our troops an have written an email to a Marine.  I do this often as my father was a Marine.  served two tours in Vietnam and came home.  Thank goodness.

Being a military brat and coming up on numerous military bases.  I have a unique perspective, especially after seeing the change in my father and listening to his words, after returning home.  Guess what?  He didn't agree with Lil'George either.

A Marine serves because of a sense of duty only a Marine will ever know.  It does not matter what you feel, the mission is the most important thing.

My dad often stated that he was Marine first, Husband second and a Father third.  This is my life.  I do not choose the mission our politicians do. 

Our politicians and administration have used that sense of duty to their advantage in IRAQ and no way can you justify why we are there.  We were lied to and friends of the administration are profiteering..

Freedom

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty; it is a blessing that must be earned before it can be enjoyed.
Send quote to a friend
Charles Caleb Colton (1780-1832) British clergyman, sportsman and author.

Thanks for the address, Linda.

Jim

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
Linda Harvey

7954 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week