Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
The Controversial Sabbath
9/23/2007 3:07:23 PM

THE SABBATH

THE SABBATH WAS INSTITUTED AT CREATION AND ENSHRINED IN THE HEART OF GOD'S LAW

Genesis 2:1-3  The Sabbath had its origin in Eden, being made on the seventh day of the creation week.  God rested on that day, blessed it, and sanctified it...setting it apart for for a holy and sacred use

Exodus 20:8-11 Exodus 16:4-30 The importance of the Sabbath was emphasized during the wilderness journey of Israel on their way to Sinai, and at Sinai it was placed in the very center of God's great moral law of Ten Commandments

THE SABBATH IS THE SIGN OF GOD'S CREATIVE AND REDEMPTIVE POWER

Exodus 31:17  Revelation 22:10-14 The Sabbath was to be to men and women the memorial and sign of God's creative work.  As long as God is Creator and man the creature, the Sabbath remains the sign of all that is involved in the relationship of the two, thus bearing a meaning of the deepest significance

Ezekiel 20:12-20  The Sabbath is the sign of God's power to save and to sanctify

Hebrews 4:4,9,10  This is the New Covenant Experience...the essence of our rest and trust in Jesus Christ.  It is the "Born Again" experience

Leviticus 16:31  Colossians 2:14-17  Ephesians 2:15  What a glorious eternal reminder is the true Sabbath of the Creator!

1. It is the memorial of His creative and sanctifying power

2. It is the sign of God's right to rule, and of man's willingness to  accept that rule

3. It demonstrates our loyalty to Him

4. It is the sign of our faith in Christ as our Righteousness

5. It is inextricably and forever bound up in all that true fellowship between the Creator and creature involves

6. It is the golden clasp that binds God's children to Him

7. He who would abolish the Sabbath must challenge God, the Creator and Redeemer, who established it and for whom it stands

It should be understood that there were in Old Testament times certain annual Sabbaths associated with the sanctuary and it's services.  These were ceremonial in nature,  forshadowing the work of Christ,  and as such were nailed to the cross

THE SABBATH WAS TO BE OBSERVED BY ALL MANKIND

Mark 2:27  The Sabbath was made for man (the human race)

Luke 4:16   Christ Himself, who made the Sabbath, gave us an example of Sabbathkeeping

Matthew 24:35  He anticipated the Sabbath would be observed following His ascension

Acts 13:14,44  Acts 16:13  Acts 17:2  Acts 18:4,11  The Sabbath was observed by the New Testament Church; the book of Acts alone records 84 instances of this

Isaiah 66:23  The Sabbath will continue to be observed into the New Earth

KEEPING THE SABBATH HOLY

Isaiah 56:2  Isaiah 58:13,14  Hebrews 10:25  The full blessing of the Sabbath can be experienced only when we truly keep it holy, refraining from our own work of pleasure.  We seek, rather, the joy that comes in church worship and fellowship, in devotional reading and meditation, and in missionary service.  We lose the Sabbath blessing when we allow the secular world to intrude the holy time via sports, television, radio, or the secular publications. There are some exceptions

Leviticus 23:32  The Holy Sabbath hours begin at sundown Friday and continue until sundown Saturday.  When the Sabbath begins,  the necessary preparations will have been completed, the house-cleaning and major cooking done,  and the Sabbath clothes will be in readiness.  Arrangements will have been made to get off from work early enough on Friday afternoon so as to get home and be prepared to welcome the Sabbath at sunset

---------------------

I choose to show my love and loyalty to Christ by observing, as He has commanded,  the true Sabbath,  from sunset Friday to sunset Saturday...the same Seventh-Day Sabbath that, as Creator,  He set apart for man at the close of creation week,  and the day that, as my example,  He observed during His life on earth.

And what about you friend?

---------------------

Sabbath  The King James Version shows reference to the word Sabbath 146 times

Sunday  The King James Version shows reference to the word Sunday...None

First Day  The King James Version shows reference to the word first day 93 times

Sunday  The New Living Translation shows reference to the word Sunday 6 times

---------------------

Your positive comments are welcome.  I am only the messenger here.  Please keep that in mind when you make your post!!!

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Controversial Sabbath
9/23/2007 3:46:51 PM

Well folks, looks like the devil is playing games with me again. One of the texts didn't come out right.

Exodus 20:8-11  Should show the 4th Commandment, which is the Sabbath Commandment

You will  not believe this, but I'm staying a a La Quinta Inn, in San Fransisco. It took me close to an hour to put the previous thread up. As soon as I was finished, the thread turned out fine, but I lost my internet connection, and had to resign up for another day.

+0
Bruce Macomber

216 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/23/2007 3:58:27 PM
Consider:

Romans 14

1Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

2For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

3Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

4Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

5One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

6He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

7For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

8For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

9For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

10But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

11For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

12So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

13Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way.

14I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him it is unclean.

15But if thy brother be grieved with thy meat, now walkest thou not charitably. Destroy not him with thy meat, for whom Christ died.

16Let not then your good be evil spoken of:

17For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

18For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God, and approved of men.

19Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another.

20For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.

21It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak.

22Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth.

23And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

And

Romans 15

1We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak, and not to please ourselves.

2Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification.

3For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.

4For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

5Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:

6That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.

7Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.

8Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

9And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name.

10And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people.

11And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people.

12And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.

13Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

14And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.

15Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,

16That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

17I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.

18For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ hath not wrought by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,

19Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.

20Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:

21But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.

22For which cause also I have been much hindered from coming to you.

23But now having no more place in these parts, and having a great desire these many years to come unto you;

24Whensoever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: for I trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way thitherward by you, if first I be somewhat filled with your company.

25But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.

26For it hath pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints which are at Jerusalem.

27It hath pleased them verily; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in carnal things.

28When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you into Spain.

29And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fulness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.

30Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that ye strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;

31That I may be delivered from them that do not believe in Judaea; and that my service which I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints;

32That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed.

33Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

And

Hebrews 3:7-4:13

7Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice,

8Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

9When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years.

10Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.

11So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

12Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

13But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

14For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

15While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

16For some, when they had heard, did provoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

17But with whom was he grieved forty years? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wilderness?

18And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that believed not?

19So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief.

Hebrews 4

1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

3For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

4For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

5And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

6Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

7Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

8For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

9There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

12For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

13Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

+0
Tom
Tom Mangone

100 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/23/2007 4:43:03 PM

Sound...in case the Devil is playing games with your computer, run my free Internet Security test on my website below.  Make sure 'he' has not added any spy ware on your PC that you McAfee or Norton (or any other off- the-shelf Internet Security that you have) might have missed...100% trusted site - no spy ware added just to run the test, only you get the results that you can call our free American tech support reps with questions or interpretations of the results at 801-724-6210, Mon-Sat, MST hours.

Tom Mangone

Click the Red Button...Safe & Secure!

www.ManagedComputerSecurity.com

+0
9/23/2007 4:50:28 PM
Hi James,
Thank you for the forum. It's great information. And a lot to think about.
Angie
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!