Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Oklahoma Places
9/12/2007 12:58:24 PM
is the starting point for exploring Oklahoma

One of the very best sites I've run into for exploring the state belongs to Snowhawk up in Green Country, Tulsa.  The site is beautiful, inclusive, inviting, and professionally created. 

Robbers Cave, famous hideout of Jesse James & gang.

The museums of Oklahoma.  An interactive map shows WHERE the museums are so you can plan visits to them in your tour of the state.

Find 300 million years of Oklahoma's natural history in the nation's largest university-based natural history.

An Award WinnerIn a hollow on Poteau Mountain near Heavener, Oklahoma, there is a state park that holds a mystery. A mystery that many have tried to explain. A mystery etched in the face of a large slab of stone which stands 12 feet tall, 10 feet wide, and 16 inches thick. For years, locals called it "Indian Rock."

For places to see and news of the Oklahoma Nations, check out the Indian Times newspaper.  There are many great articles here of interest to Euro-Americans and Americans alike.

Be Sure To Go Read
Song of the Road

Travel Destinations in Your Oklahoma

Oklahoma Tourism
and Recreation Department

Since the dawn of Time, men have come together for fellowship and study. We have built Temples as centers for thought and action. There is in manhood a deep sense of something beyond ourselves, something which we are called upon by our very nature to worship.  The great Temple of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry in Guthrie is a place in which the glory of the Grand Architect of the Universe is celebrated. It is a place of education, of recreation, of fellowship, of charity and compassion. It is a place of study and philosophy, a place of healing. It is a place which embraces the brotherhood of men and attracts us to the celebration of life.

An award Winner The Oklahoma Backcountry web page has a decided charm all its own.  The photos are sharp and clear, the words are like poetry.  This is a must see site.

Grove Oklahoma, the site is stuffed full of information on this Green Country area.

Gorp's resource list of outdoor Oklahoma sites.  Remember, Gorp is GOOD!

Lake Eufaula..

Noble Oklahoma is my hometown.  You'll find pictures, facts, and lots of fancy.

TaleWins.com for the readers and writers of the world with G-rated interests.
+0
Kathy Hamilton

13886 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Oklahoma Places
9/12/2007 1:05:20 PM

Hello my friend,

I was just there in Oaklahoma, in oaks, out on the Indian Reservation by cherekee turnpike, its a great little town.

Thanks for sharing.

Kathy Hamilton/simikathy.com

I walk by faith not by sight Profit Clicking http://www.profitclicking.com/?r=simikathy
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!