Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
HOPE HAS CROSSED THE LINE
9/3/2007 6:38:35 PM
Here is a forum that I recommend to Adlandpro members. I am pulling out one post I made and re-posting it here. The forum is worth reading if you are interested to knowing about out how to choose programs and avoid others. http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/thread/771035.aspx "Use a ton of common sense..........." ********************************************* This is the portion I wish to relate to Adlanders as it is being observed by many that matters are getting out of hand. All of a sudden we are in strike back mode, not allowing serious discussions to take place. When do we cross the line and become dishonest with ourselves and with others. HOPE is out of control by Mary Hofstetter Several days ago I watched an old movie "The Postman". The story line is something like this. The world is blown up, the USA government no longer exists, people are living in groups under this one malicous, killer of a dictator. Man finds a mailbag and mail carrier uniform. He then goes to one of the towns and for the purpose of getting food and shelter masqurades as a mailman. Everything is a lie which the people choose to believe (I the viewer also believed him). As the story progresses people are recrutied into the postal service, delivering mail to family and friends. So many are recruited that he becomes the ultimate threat to the lawless dictators. It is impossible to stop the movement as it is growing by leaps and bounds. As many delivery persons are murdered, the original postman decides his conscience will not allow this to continue and he sends word that there is no government, no post office, he is a fraud. People refuse to believe, even the vicious dictator and he is told that he can not take "HOPE" away from these people. The fraud is perpetuated and "HOPE" wins out in the distruction of the lawless raiders. He names his girl "HOPE" and it ends with him being a hero. _________________________________________________________ Pandora of the Greek myth opened the vase of all the ills of the world and at the bottom she found hope. Clever marketers know that it is human nature not to give up, they thrive on that. Please don't tell me it is a fraud, as now you dash my "HOPES". __________________________________________________________ Day before yesterday, I heard this on NPR radio: A family grieved over the impending death of their father. They kept hope alive belieivng that a transplant would soon become available. As the days wore he became weaker and weaker and no transplant was available. Finally hope stepped over the line as this young person reported on the radio. His father was about to die. The family went into action in search of the needed organ. You guessed it, even illigal organ harvesting from countries where fathers could be donors to ensure the family would survive, became an option for them. Seeking out accident victims families to ask for the needed organ even tho it meant the next person in line would be denied. "Hope starts out a longing, then we become selfish and unrational", the son said. That is Hope out of control. When we know a program isn't working, why do we continue to promote. When we know someone is going without necessities just for the purpose of holding on. When we allow irrational business practices to cloud our thinking we are over the line. *********************************************************** I would appreciate your thoughts. It's time we look out for each other and tell each other when we have crossed the line.
+0
Re: HOPE HAS CROSSED THE LINE
9/3/2007 8:22:42 PM

Hi Mary

Every program that i have joined or researched on the internet has a hook and we are all fish swimming around waiting to be caught.true some of them are only for small money.but once you join then you find the hook and then its too late.i have decided that i will not join any program at all.my deep down belief is that people on the internet sell to you or me because they can't see us face to face,so we can't catch them up on what they are trying to do to us.i am a people person and that is why i belong to Adlandpro and for no other reason.i do not hardsell anything.everybody knows i have a website and i add the url at the end of my post.if anybody wants to check it out then fine if not then fine'that is only my opinion.

sincerely Gene

friend to anyone who will have me

http://www.sweeet-deels.com

+0
Bruce Butler

186 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
9/3/2007 10:26:17 PM

Mary: Hope is always there or around the corner. Have you read the book The Secret? If not please read it to see not just hope but the law of attraction including hope & many other feelings, wishes, thoughts etc.

How do I go about starting a forum on pets, I did not see any forum addressing pet and everything about them?

Thanks, Bruce   Seaweed man 

http://www.Seaweed4u.ws Seaweedman Help Veterans
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/3/2007 11:21:18 PM
Hi Gene, Yes, we can be sucked into any program but when we know we have made a mistake we should be willing to accept a mistake and not continue to promote it. Too many like you and I, retirees, are being taken advantage of. I do not like to see the disabled, SSI/SS recepients, being ripped off by those who want to continue hoping that they can get enough people pulled into the program to pay for what they are losing. When hope crosses the line, others are used for our own purposes. We don't want to admit it is a scam or at most a poor business deal so ads are placed bragging how much money is being made. It is wrong to perpetuate a lie.
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/3/2007 11:25:03 PM
Bruce, I will look for the book ASAP. Thanks for stopping by. Yes Bruce, we can hold out hope but I hope you saw what happened to the young man who stepped over the line when his family was faced with the fact the they couldn't control what was about to happen. Hope then steps over bounds and takes advantage of others.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!