Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Have You Made Matters Right....
9/2/2007 7:22:42 PM

In this lesson, let's explore the

PLAN OF SALVATION.

WE HAVE SINNED, AND AS A CONSEQUENCE, ARE SUBJECT TO DEATH

1 John 3:4  Sin is transgression of God's Law

Romans 3:23;  5:12;  All have sinned

Romans 6:23  The wages of sin is death

NOW WE HAVE ESTABLISHED THAT SALVATION FROM SIN AND DEATH IS GRACIOUSLY PROVIDED SO THAT NONE NEED TO BE LOST

John 3:16  God gave His Son that we need not perish and eternal life is provided only through Jesus Christ

Acts 4:12  There is salvation in no other name

Hebrews 7:25  He is able to save all who come to Him in faith

CHRIST, BY HIS DEATH ON THE CROSS, ASSURED THE ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION OF SIN AND SATAN

Hebrews 2:14  Christ died that He might destroy the devil

1 John 3:8  Christ will destroy Satan and all his works

2 Peter 3:10, 11  Revelation 20:10, 13-15  The world will ultimately be cleansed of all sin and sinners

TO ACCEPT CHRIST AND THE PARDON AND SALVATION HE OFFERS IS TO EXPERIENCE CONVERSION, OR THE NEW BIRTH, BY WHICH MAN BECOMES A NEW CREATURE

John 3:3  The sinner must be born again

John 16:7-13  Acts 2:38 This experience begins with repentance under the convicting power of the Holy Spirit

1 John 1:7-9  Ephesians 1:7  Colossians 1:14,15  God's wonderful promise is that sins confessed and forsaken are fully forgiven

Romans 5:1  The promise of forgiveness, accepted by faith, brings great peace to the heart

2 Corinthians 5:17  Galatians 2:20  With Christ in the heart, man becomes a new creature enjoying entirely different life styles

--------------------------

I accept the Lord Jesus as my personal Saviour, confessing my sins to God; and making matters right with my fellow men as far as possible....And what about you my friend???

--------------------------

"The Godhead was stirred with pity for the race, and the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit gave Themselves to the working out of the plan of redemption.  In order fully to carry out this plan, it was decided that Christ, the only begotten Son of God, should give Himself an offering for sin.  What line can measure the depth of this love?  God would make it impossible for man to say the He could have done more."  Counsels on Health, p.222

"It is the privilege of all who comply with the conditions to know for themselves that the pardon is freely extended for every sin.  Put away the suspicion that God's promises are not meant for you.  They are for every repentant transgressor.  Strength and grace have been provided through Christ to be brought by ministering angels to every believing soul.  None are so sinful that they cannot find strength, purity, and righteousness in Jesus, who died for them.  He is waiting to strip them of their garments stained and polluted with sin, and to put upon them the white robes of righteousness; He bids them live and not die." --Steps to Christ, pp. 52,53

---------------------

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Have You Made Matters Right....
9/2/2007 8:05:57 PM

Hi Jim,

I really am thoroughly impressed with the way you put this forum together,

I enjoyed going through the verses., and though I know it wasn't your intention for me to do so, I chose a favorite:

Galatians 2:20 (King James Version)

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

As you have so aptly pointed out, our entire lives and lifestyles change when we have Christ in our hearts.  I find it so incredible, even after years of knowing and experiencing and growing in the Lord!  Some days, if I am not right with Christ, I should just write off!  These days are few and very far between, but they each serve as a reminder that I either need forgiveness or to forgive.

Long ago, on a women's weekend retreat, we had a "daily inventory" exercise, that left me feeling more peaceful than I had ever felt in my life.  When I returned home from the retreat, I put forth a concerted effort to continue that exercise and turn it into a habit.  Now, years down the road, I can honestly say, that for whatever reason, it is still not the set in stone HABIT that I intended.  And whenever I fall down on my end of my committment, my days just are not up to par.

I thank the Lord that those days are so few and far between.  I thnk him for continuing to be faithful to me by putting people like you in my life, by keeping by best friends at my Church, for seeing to it that there are opportunities for me to witness for Him and that there are Christian friends and brothers and sisters in my life and face wherever I go.

Thanks, James.
Great forum!
Judy
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/2/2007 9:49:37 PM

Sister Judy, If I may call you that, you just made my day. I myself am also a sinner, and by the grace of God, He has given me this opportunity to witness, and share my beliefs. You are welcome to chose as many favorites as you wish, that's what they are there for. Promises come in handy especially when one gets to feeling down and out.

I decided to continue using quotes from Ellen G. White, simply because she was the one who basically founded the Seventh-Day Adventist church. There are those who do not believe she was telling the truth. She along with many others, even the ones who wrote the bible, were inspired by God, there are questionable writings, yet they were all human beings and subject to human instincts. I am providing a link to the official Ellen G White Estates website for those who may be interested in learning more about her. My philosophy is this: I need to believe in something. It may as well be the bible and everything else that goes along with it. I was raised to believe in Sister White, and she has published and printed more books than any other one writer that I know of. The interesting part of it is, she's been gone since 1915, and yet her writings still seem to apply to todays standards, most of them.

I truly believe she was sent from God, primarily as a messenger, I don't like to use the word prophet, even though she did meet the criterion for one. there will always be critics who will try to be negative about someone, and usually those who are, usually have some kind of inferiority complex, or have had some run in with the church because of something evil they did or said.

With that being said, I've said much more than I intended, but hope it will help someone understand where I am coming from!!!  Thank you Judy for your continued support my sister friend.

+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/3/2007 7:34:06 AM

I get through most days on God's promises, brother James, though, for me, the study and learning of the Bible are quite new.  I was born and raised a Catholic.  and though things have changed quite drastically since I was a child, the Bible was not studied there.  In our current church, that is all we do, and I love it and am hungry for it and will be the first to admit that I do not allow enough time for it.  Since I am playing catch-up to many years of not studying and knowing God's word. 

As for Ellen , you are the first to have introduced me to her, so I cannot comment.  We have a 7th Day Adventist Pastor for a next door neighbor, and it is my first exposure to that denomination as well.  So we are never to old to learn.  And though I am climbing in years, i am still a pre-school student of the Lord and His Word.

Blessings,

Judy

+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/3/2007 11:10:23 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!