Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
Page Rank Relevance?
8/30/2007 12:09:00 PM

Thoughts/Facts appreciated.....

As many of you know I use Helloworld services for all my communication needs.

I was chatting on IM with a new customer this morning when I noticed a page rank for Helloworld social community. Our community is not quiet 1 year old yet. It was created on September 10 of 2006. I really couldn't believe we are already at PR5!

The blog pages, music, picture and podcasting pages all rank a PR of 5 on google. Pretty cool!

I had also never really thought about checking Page ranking on any social sites. So, I did a little research. For 2 of the largest: Adland--PR2 for aboutme pages and forums. Nothing for the profile. Direct Matches--Blogs and Forums rank PR2. Nothing for profile pages? HomeBizSpace--PR0, Apsense--0!

Now, I'm thinking with the fact that Google uses back links from high PR pages to help determine the importance of another page, that having links from Helloworld with a PR of 5 would help your own website?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Angela

Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0
Joe
Joe Tedesco

6 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Page Rank Relevance?
8/30/2007 12:34:48 PM
I don't pretend to be a so called "guru", but I would say that after only a year with a PR of 5 thats pretty darn good, especially if all or many of the pages of the site is pulling those numbers. 
+0
Joelees Wholesale

5917 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
8/30/2007 1:12:36 PM

Hi Angela ,

I think it is all about the content of the website a 5 is great work keep what your doing up Gods speed :-) Lee

+0
Angela Cardwell

819 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/30/2007 1:26:41 PM

Hi Joe and Lee,

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Know any experts on this?

Have a great weekend,
Angela

Earn Money Shopping OnlineIt's free, simple and secure.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!