Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Fun Things to do in September
8/29/2007 1:54:53 PM

Somehow life seems to get busier come September. Children are back in school, vacations are over.... September is a great month, fall is definitely in the air with the cool nights, but the days are still warm. Be sure to take some time from your work and business  to enjoy and have some FUN!!

Here are a few fun things I like to do in September with my family. Please share your ideas too!

Go apple picking.

Plant spring blooming bulbs.

Attend a high school sporting event.

Go to a country fair or craft show.

Visit a corn maze.

Have a Scent-sational day!

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Fun Things to do in September
8/29/2007 2:32:37 PM

Hi Kathy,

Fall is lovely because we still have warm days but evenings cool off.  The AC can have time to relax.  What I most enjoy is that activites don't have to be controlled by extreme heat and summer storms.  Cider and donuts, squash, apples as you mention are all delights of fall,

Sorry, southern hemisphere, Adlandpro friends.  I see you looking into the eyes of spring which I dearly love. May your winter be short !! 

+0
8/29/2007 2:39:27 PM
Oh yes...apple cider, yummy! We have a nice apple farm in our town and one of the owners makes delicious homemade donuts. My girls always get cider and donuts when we go apple picking there. I'm getting hungry thinking about it!
+0
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/29/2007 6:57:55 PM

Hello Kathy,
In the summer I very seldom turn on the oven. When evenings are cool, that's when I start baking. For some reason our apple, peach & cherry trees didn't yield much this year. But that's not going to stop me much. I have bought some from local farmers market.
Have a great week!
Mary

+0
8/29/2007 7:53:51 PM

Hi Mary,

Thanks for sharing. I like to bake too. My daughters like to bake cookies. After apple picking, I always make apple crisp and apple pie.

Kathy

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!