Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Forget Phish, Beware of RATS
8/28/2007 2:54:44 AM

Forget Phish, Beware of RATS

Phishing, Skimming and now RATS? That's right! RATs or Remote Access Trojans are the latest wave in Internet identity theft. The worst part, RATS are silent and you won't know they're on your computer.

• How RATS Access Your PC
    Sent by computer hackers, two primary methods used to sneak RATS on to your PC are through music download and electronic greeting card sites.
  • How RATS Work
    RATs are patient. They wait for you to log on to your financial institution website, type in your account number or user ID and password. It then transmits your information from your PC to the hacker.
  • RAT Defense
    Anti-virus and spyware software can help, but you are your best defense. Be careful how you use your computer. Stay clear of unfamiliar websites and don't reply to every pop-up or unauthorized e-mail.
If you believe you have been a victim of a Remote Access Trojan (RAT) after logging into your bank account, contact your bank right away.

Kenneth R Sword Jr
+0
Re: Forget Phish, Beware of RATS
8/28/2007 6:05:18 AM

Hello Kenneth:

These hackers can also use your credit card information to gain commisions from the business sites they maintain or are part of. One such transaction showed up on our account last evening. We are still looking into this matter as we have two other charges of $14.95 that appear to be from the same company.

Another sad tale is the company who had a different kind of " RAT ", in the form of an employee who sold credit card info to others. It is this and all other horror stories that will one day lead to the Internet somehow having to be regulated and policed not by the everyday user, rather, our Government agencies.

Like the laws that govern us off line, the criminal element will be the first to scream their opposition.

Please note that here on line, " RATS " can be e- raticated . No pun intended.

+0
Robin McLean

158 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/28/2007 9:16:34 AM
Hi, Kenneth, Thanks for the information. I wasn't aware of this latest "sneak attack" by hackers. This is absolutely outrageous! Maybe someday, soon, the punishment for such activity will equal the severity of the crime. Stealing anything, especially when people have worked hard for them, is totally unacceptable and needs to be dealt with stiffer penalties. I'm going to pass this info along to all of my friends and family members. Miracles & Blessings, Robin
Yuwie - The Place for Fun,Friends,Earning $$$ http://www.yuwie.com/yuwie.asp?r=37246 Internet Marketing Ctr. (IMC) http://www.marketingtips.com/mailloop/t.x/929392 Marketing Leverage Systems http://www.mlswealth.com Agent ID#: MLS2126
+0
Jim
Jim Allen

11253 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/28/2007 1:28:55 PM

Hey Robin,

I noticed some links in your sig line and noticed you greatest vitamin in the world link and was curious what your research found when you looked up this Don Lapre guy?  How is that business working for you?

May Wisdom and the knowledge you gained go with you,

Jim Allen III
Everything You Need For Online Success

+0
8/29/2007 1:05:26 AM

Hello Mr. Sword;

Great info! Just goes to show how important it is to have some form of defense in place. Aside from having your anti-virus, spyware, spamware, botware, software, & hardware, & every other "ware" imaginable; you need a good "personal defense system" in place as well. The identity, & credit records of the small business owner/entrepreneur are invariably intertwined, making them an easy target for predators. Statistics say the situation is going to be 20 times worse in the near future. I would recommend the same solution I use. The company is 35 yrs. old, traded on the NYSE, & serves the U.S. & most of Canada. They offer many plans for the individual, & small business, in the legal, & identity theft arenas, at an economical price.

Effort Enterprise

Due dilligence is free here:

www.prepaidlegal.com/hub/jimrockhold

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!