Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Rose Enderud

2223 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Art Exhibitions at Adlandpro #18
8/27/2007 5:35:34 AM

It is our pleasure to bring you the
Arts Exhibitions at Adlandpro
Exhibition 18
An on-line exhibition of work by Artist and Craftsmen at Adlandpro
(A new exhibition every three weeks)

We are happy to bring you the work of Sara Gardner Blow. Sara has been a member of Adlandpro since May 2006. She works in a variety of mediums and is a lovely talented member of our community.

About the Artist

Sara Gardner Blow

When Rose listed what she needed was to write “About the Artist”, it was the most difficult thing to  do. I have never been able to write about myself.

It is important to state that I have never had any formal training. My entry into this world was with a loving family of six children in South Alabama. My daddy was a farmer and Mama a hardworking sidekick of his. They were poor but I never felt it. There was so much love all around me. We  always had the comforts of home.

However, Art School was out of the question.     My career was as a secretary. It took me   through many different worlds from working for a city editor to working for Governor George Wallace.  But I never stopped writing and painting.

Both of my wonderful sons are very talented, both musically and artistically. My husband, Wilson, has been a great supporter of my work and if not for him, I might never have been able to continue.

To be able to create something was and still is, very exciting. Just to have a thought and write it down or have a vision and paint it, whether on canvas, wall, t-shirt, paper, even cardboard was joy to see it come alive.

There have been many murals painted, even backdrops for libraries.  Used to do art shows and sold lots of works, but never made any big splash in the Great Pond of Life, which is fine.  My work has evolved around the world now with internet and a website. 

Since retirement, I paint or write for the simple joy of it. My testimony in life is to spread God’s word through the gifts He has given me. I find little time now to actually paint, my work consists of promoting the many, many works of art already created.

Of late, animations have caught my attention and it is fun to create them.

The works here show the variations of my art and the use of all mediums. My favorite will always be oil. Acrylic seems to be the most-used, but I still like watercolor.

Combining my poetry with artwork is an ongoing task. My poems are all long so they wind up being poetry booklets.

For those of you who have not visited my website, you can see much of my work there. I wanted to bring a few fresh ones to this exhibit to show some of different stages and moods of my art.  For any of you just starting, just wanting to learn, or already accomplished; there still is nothing like the feel of dipping a brush in paint and creating beauty.

My website links are:

God's World of Expressions/Art Gallery

God's World of Expressions/Poetry

Now, I am into making and taking videos of all my wonderful plants, animals and majestic things around us here at Cedar Hill. Some are presented at MySpace.

Also, as posted on my website, my artwork can be purchased on CafePress items.  One Shop is:  Adorable Hummers

Thanks to Rose, Jenny, and Venerina for the opportunity to present my works. You have done a tremendous job of presenting and promoting this forum.

Sara

The Arts Exhibitions Team

www.alasyciagranada.com      http://artisticrose.ws/  www.vcdesigns.net/

+0
Jenny SJ

1902 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Art Exhibitions at Adlandpro #18
8/27/2007 5:47:44 AM
Hello Sara,

How wonderful to be able to feature your work at last! 

The variety of mediums that you dominate is impressive.  and your work is delightful.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your biography, and finding out what makes the artist "tick"!!

All the very best and I hope you enjoy your exhibition as much as we are.

Saludos
Jenny
+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/27/2007 6:56:07 AM
Hi Jenny, Thanks for all you and Rose do. Love Panda Hi Sara, You have visited many forums but I never knew this part of you. Thank you for sharing your secret passion. Dreams kept alive are rewarding. I especially like the Alaska nite painting. The mauve color is soft and relaxing as would be the Alaska sky. You use the technique of having part of the scene step out of the picture. It draws the eyes away from the center and expands the surface I like to see that in quilts and banners. What is that technique called? Thanks Lady's and I am sorry that Panda snuck in here but Jenny is in love with him. ********************************************************** I'm mentor for free: Panda Pointers http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/20973/ShowForum.aspx http://Mary.mentoringforfree.com
+0
8/27/2007 7:18:13 AM
Thank you Lovely Ladies Jenny, Rose, Venerina :)

Wonderful Presentation Sara :) Beautiful work, I wish you all the very best! hugs
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!