Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Was This the Right Way?
8/25/2007 9:44:43 PM

HOW SIN BEGAN

SIN ORIGINATED IN HEAVEN WITH LUCIFER, A BEAUTIFUL ANGEL...LET'S EXPLORE THIS SOME MORE.

Ezekiel 28:12-15  Satan lived first as Lucifer, created as a beautiful, perfect angel.

John 8:44  But he did not abide in the truth.

Ezekiel 28:17  His pride made him fall.

Isaiah 14:12-14  He wanted to be equal with God.

Revelation 12:7-9  His pride and rebellion led to open warfare and to his expulsion from heaven.

Revelation 12:4 Jude 6 2Peter 2:4  In this rebellion he was joined by other angels who, with him, were cast out of heaven.

CAST TO THIS EARTH, SATAN CAUSED ADAM AND EVE TO SIN, AND THROUGH THEIR DISOBEDIENCE BROUGHT SIN UPON THE HUMAN FAMILY...

Genesis 3:1-6  Eve's temptation and sin.

Romans 5:12  Through the original sin, death and sorrow came to all men.

Job 2:7  Luke 13:16  It is Satan who is responsible for sickness and suffering.

Luke 4:5,6  It was Satan who tempted Christ, thus seeking to frustrate the plan of salvation.

Genesis 3:15  Revelation 12:17  The warfare between Christ and Satan, which began in Eden, will continue to the very end.

------------------------

It is my sincere purpose to always be on the side of Christ in the great warfare in which He is engaged against Satan and the evil angels...What about you?

------------------------

"In great mercy, according to his divine character, God bore long with Lucifer.  The spirit of discontent and disaffection had never before been known in heaven.  It was a new element, strange, mysterious, unaccountable."  Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 39

"God permitted Satan to carry forward his work until the Spirit of disaffection ripened into active revolt.  It was necessary for his plans to be fully developed, that their true nature and tendency might be seen by all." -- Ibid., 41

"For the good of the entire universe through ceaseless ages, he must more fully develop his principles, that his charges against the divine government might be seen in their true light by all created beings, and that the justice and mercy of God and the immutability of his law might be forever placed beyond all question."

"Satan's rebellion was to be a lesson to the universe through all coming ages, --a perpetual testimony to the nature of sin and its terrible results.  The working out of Satan's rule, its effects upon both men and angels, would show what must be the fruit of setting aside the divine authority.  It would testify that with the existence of God's government is bound up the wellbeing of all the creatures he has made."  -- Ibid., pp. 42,43

------------------

That's it for this lesson. Did you learn anything? Please share your thoughts!!

------------------

+0
Bruce Macomber

216 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Was This the Right Way?
8/25/2007 9:55:19 PM
Thanks for the scriptures.

I don't understand why you bring Ellen White into it, though.

God Bless.

Bruce
http://christiansoldiersonline.org
(The only promotion that matters!)
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/25/2007 10:04:13 PM

Hi Bruce, may I ask you a simple question? Do you have a problem with Ellen White's writings? Her writings are only a supplement. I don't see anything said there to detriment what the bible says. I provided access to the whole book, there, and also her history may be accessed. I welcome your comments, so long as they are constuctive. Thanks!

I was also checking to see if anyone is paying attention. Seems as though the response rate is pretty small here.

+0
Bruce Macomber

216 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/25/2007 10:44:32 PM
I'm no expert on Ellen White's writings, other than knowing she is famous for making predictions that were fallacious.

Bruce
http://christiansoldiersonline.org
(The only promotion that matters!)
+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/25/2007 11:07:04 PM

Bruce, may I invite you to read the book Steps to Christ? You will find that all or most of her writings are backed with scripture. These books are available now online. You don't have to purchase them, they are available for your reading pleasure right now! I'd be interested in knowing what predicitions she made that were not true? I have read two thirds of her books, and found no fault with them. In fact I enjoyed reading them. They say one can find fault with anyone if they choose to do so.  I do not wish to get off track here with this bible study, however, so if you would, kindly respond to my private inbox here at Adlandpro. Thanks, and God Bless you!!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!