Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
What's for Dinner Mom?
8/22/2007 12:53:46 PM

Hello friends,

Are you looking for some new, healthy, yet quick and easy meals to prepare? I know I am. Please share with us!

Have a Scent-sational day!

Kathy

+0
Re: What's for Dinner Mom?
8/22/2007 1:34:33 PM

Hi, Kathy,

I know just how you feel.  I get tired of cooking the same things over and over for me and  my "feller".  Here's  one I got out of our newspaper (Wednesday is recipe day), and am goonna fix it for us.  Since you're looking, you may want to try it, as well!

CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE

(Makes 8 servings)

l/3 cup butter

1/2 cup chpped onion

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 cup milk

1 regular size jar processed cheese

1 small jar salsa

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bitesize pieces

10 flour tortillas, cut into 1-1/2 inch  pieces

Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat.  Add onions and saute until onions are tender.  Add soup, milk, processed cheese and salsa and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until cheese has melted.  Add the chicken and tortilla pieces to the mixture and stir well.  Pour mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish, cover with foil and bake at 325 deg. for 20 minutes.  Serve hot.

APPROX. VALUES PER SERVING - -

417 calories, 23 g fat, 83 mg cholesterol, 18 g protein, 34 g carbohydrate, 1.276 mg sodium.

And for dessert:

CREAMY FUDGE PIE

6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa

6 tablespoons all-purpose flour

1-1/2 cups sugar

3 large eggs, well beaten

1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted

1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Sift together cocoa, flour, and sugar, removing any cocoa lumps.  Mix in eggs and vanilla.  Blend in butter.  Pour into pie crust and bake 30 - 35 minutes.  Inside of  pie will be creamy with a crusty top.

Serve with raspberry or strawberry preserves. - - or Kool Whip - or BOTH!!!

Enjoy!!!!!

Betty A. Strange

+0
8/22/2007 1:38:47 PM

Hi Betty,

We do like chicken and have it quite often. I'm definitely going to try this. Thanks for taking the time to share!

Kathy

+0
8/30/2007 5:30:23 PM

If you like macaroni & cheese, check out this recipe for a quicker and easier way to make a delicious homemade Mac!

My 16 year old loves this! No more "box" mac & cheese for us. The recipe was given to us by her grandmother.

Macaroni and Cheese (serves 4-6)

1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni - cook according to package directions, aldente, drained. Put into buttered baking dish with about 1 tablespoon butter. Mix around until butter melts.

Toss all of the following into a blender, in order given, and blend until you have one glorious emulsion. This only takes seconds. Pour over the macaroni.

1 ½ cups milk, 1 thin, small slice of real onion, ½ teaspoon salt, sprinkling of pepper, ¼ teaspoon dry mustard, 2 tablespoons flour, ½ pound cheddar cheese (cut into a few pieces so as to be manageable in blender)

Heat ½ cup bread crumbs with 1 tablespoon butter. Stir around thoroughly. Sprinkle over top of macaroni.

Bake in preheated 350° oven for about 40 minutes, or until brown and bubbly.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!