Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
What is your biggest obstacle with your business?
8/16/2007 9:08:53 AM
For me, it is making sure I leave enough time for my daughters! Although they are older (14 & 16) and don’t need the attention they used to, I still feel it is important to be home in the late afternoon and evenings as much as possible. I have a full-time job during the day and my candle business is part-time (right now!) so evenings and weekends are when I am most able to work my home business, but that is also family time! During the school year I usually get work done while they are doing homework. In the summer my day job is quieter, and I can get some of my candle business correspondence done there (shame on me!) I am a single Mom so there are times they are off with their Dad so I get things done then too.
+0
Re: What is your biggest obstacle with your business?
8/16/2007 10:05:19 AM
Kathy,

The "Hillbilly Gardener" here. My biggest obstacle is finding the right balance of time required for everything I want to do. Between family, assorted Biz Communities, creating websites (way behind) and home projects, 48 hours per day wouldn't be enough! Kids spell love - "T-I-M-E" no matter how old they are! Blessings to you and your endeavors and please - HAVE A GREAT DAY !

the "Hillbilly Gardener"
Lyndell (Jerry) Miller
(417) 777-2285
plantman.ozarks@yahoo.com
www.jerrysplantsonline.com

The "Garden of Weedin" newsletter
"Ask the Hillbilly" - Got a question regarding gardening or outdoor living just ask !
"Over the Fence - A Hillbilly's View" garden and outdoor living blog.

the "Hillbilly Gardener"
+0
8/16/2007 10:15:53 AM

Hi Lyndell,

Thanks for sharing. Yes, sometimes there doesn't seem like there are enough hours in the day. I like your statement about kids needing love no matter how old they are!

Have a Scent-sational day!

Kathy

+0
Mary Hofstetter

3481 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/16/2007 11:00:50 AM
Hi Kathy, Great ideas come at the worst times.....2 ok at night, hands in dishwater, phone call or who knows what else. So the great gets washed away. Here's my tactic. I write ideas down. The act of writing imprints in my brain but that doesn't insure I'll remember so the notes serve as reminders through out the day. I am a great list maker. Mark each one off as they are accomplished. It is a motivator as I see the list being whittled away. "Reduce your plan to writing. The moment you complete this, you will have definitely given concrete form to the intangible desire." ---Napoleon Hill
+0
8/16/2007 11:56:23 AM

Hi, Kathy,

Well, at this age, I seem to have time to do about anything I want to do.  I'm retired, am a widow, and am trying desperately to get into something to make some money.  I'm on the computer several hours of the day, trying to enlist a team, but I enjoy my day.  Not like when I was younger, had a hubby, and two sons taking up all my time,  plus working an  8 hour day as an Administrative Asst. for the State.  Oh, I don't mean I didn't enjoy my family.    I loved every minute of it, and loved my kids as much as I could.  Love is the most important thing in the world, especially to family! 

I wish you all well, and thanks for inviting us to post a few words about time, business, kids and all that goes with it. 

Take care!

Betty

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!