Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Pauline Raina

4108 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
KALEIDOSCOPE NO;2 INDIA, HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY !
8/15/2007 12:03:31 AM
EART
Kaleidoscope
An AdLandPro Feature 
A window To The World
for pleasure, love, and peace

HAPPY 60TH INDEPENDANCE DAY
INDIA
http://www.bpmonline.fsnet.co.uk/images/namaste.gif

NAMASTE

Indian National Flag

click flag to hear national anthem
for words of National anthem and translations go here

Today we the team of KALEIDOSCOPE are proud to present to you our 2nd edition and celebrate the 60th INDIAN Independance day with all our Indian friends!!

Mahatma Gandhi

Father of our Nation MAHATMA GANDHI

The story of India is never complete, without the mention of this Great man who is called The Father of Our Nation. click the pic;to know more about him,his life, and his contribution to the Freedom struggle of India.         

INDIA is one of the oldest civilisations in the world with a kaleidoscopic variety and rich cultural heritage. It has achieved multifaceted socio-economic progress during the last 59 years of its Independence. India has become self-sufficient in agricultural production, and is now the tenth industrialised country in the world and the sixth nation to have gone into outer space to conquer nature for the benefit of the people. It covers an area of 32,87,263 sq km, extending from the snow-covered Himalayan heights to the tropical rain forests of the south. As the seventh largest country in the world, India stands apart from the rest of Asia, marked off as it is by mountains and the sea, which give the country a distinct geographical entity. Bounded by the Great Himalayas in the north, it stretches southwards and at the Tropic of Cancer, tapers off into the Indian Ocean between the Bay of Bengal on the east and the Arabian Sea on the west.

Lying entirely in the northern hemisphere, the mainland extends between latitudes 8°4' and 37°6' north, longitudes 68°7' and 97°25' east, and measures about 3,214 km from north to south between the extreme latitudes and about 2,933 km from east to west between the extreme longitudes. It has a land frontier of about 15,200 km. The total length of the coastline of the mainland, Lakshadweep Islands, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands is 7,516.6 km.

The History of India begins with the birth of the Indus Valley Civilization, more precisely known as Harappan Civilization. It flourished around 2,500 BC, in the western part of South Asia, what today is Pakistan and Western India. The Indus Valley was home to the largest of the four ancient urban civilizations of Egypt, Mesopotamia, India and China. Nothing was known about this civilization till 1920s when the Archaeological Department of India carried out excavations in the Indus valley wherein the ruins of the two old cities, viz. Mohenjodaro and Harappa were unearthed. The ruins of buildings and other things like household articles, weapons of war, gold and silver ornaments, seals, toys, pottery wares, etc., show that some four to five thousand years ago a highly developed Civilization flourished in this region.

India, a union of states, is a Sovereign, Secular, Democratic Republic with a Parliamentary system of Government. The President is the constitutional head of Executive of the Union. In the states, the Governor, as the representative of the President, is the head of Executive. The system of government in states closely
resembles that of the Union. There are 28 states and 7 Union territories in the country. Union Territories are administered by the President through an Administrator appointed by him. From the largest to the smallest, each State/UT of India has a unique demography, history and culture, dress, festivals, language etc.

To know more one can go here

ABOUT THE FLAG

The National Flag is a horizontal tricolour of deep saffron (kesaria) at the top, white in the middle and dark green at the bottom in equal proportion. The ratio of width of the flag to its length is two to three. In the centre of the white band is a navy-blue wheel which represents the chakra. Its design is that of the wheel which appears on the abacus of the Sarnath Lion Capital of Ashoka. Its diameter approximates to the width of the white band and it has 24 spokes. The design of the National Flag was adopted by the Constituent Assembly of India on 22 July 1947.

About its people

The Spirit of India, manifests itself in the diverse culture, lively festivals, and vibrant costumes and rich traditions it lives and expresses itself in the everyday life of its people....excerpt taken from here from here you will see more about culture,customs & tourism. Look out for future editions highlighting different aspects of Indian culture and traditions, as it is too vast to cover it in one feature! :-)

Dance

for more interesting pictures of India go here
      click here for more details and picture, if the above link does not work

A personal note from Pauline!

Dear friends, I could go on and on about my country, I do love India very much and am proud to be an INDIAN !!! Theres so much diversity here, and if we are united as a country its just a miracle. Each state has its own language and traditional dress and customes, culture and festivals!! I have travelled to the northern most part of my country..Kashmir where you can see the lovely snow capped Himalaya mountain range, awesome sight, right down to the southernmost state of Tamil Nadu now where I live. There is much one can learn from a visit to India, I would like to extend a warm welcome to anyone who would like to visit me and my country !!......NAMAASKAR !

JAI HIND !!

Indian National Flag

Well friends with that said we hope you all would have enjoyed reading and knowing more about India. Come and wish our Indian friends A HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY !!

With warm regards from us,:-)

JOHN, PAULINE & GEORGIOS
THE KALEIDOSCOPE TEAM
+0
K
K Bandyopadhyay

70 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: KALEIDOSCOPE NO;2 INDIA, HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY !
8/15/2007 12:41:50 AM
I am thankful to Pauline for her invitation. I do love India very much and am proud to be an INDIAN !!! thanks. Rana www.earn-in-dollars.com Kolkata
+0
8/15/2007 12:45:49 AM
Hello Pauline,

I always welcome the opportunity to learn about another country and their way of life, I find it very interesting.  Thank you sharing it with us.

FOR SHARING

HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY INDIA!

God Bless Everyone
+0
Nan
Nan Herring

3059 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/15/2007 1:00:22 AM
This is a wonderful post. Thank you Pauline.
+0
8/15/2007 1:11:21 AM

Hello Pauline,

Thank you very much for this wonderful topic! So informative and just perfectly written to celebrate great, and from my part and from mynation very honored Indian nation, and and all nations in their country.

Just to say that I live at Belgrade, at Nehru`s street!

India,

Happy Your Independace Day!

With love and grateful,

Branka

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!