Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: The Godhead
8/18/2007 3:06:36 PM

Hi Lissa, I decided it would be best to provide scriptures as proof, that way there is without a doubt, no questions!!! Of course we as humans always question the information that is provided us, and thankfully we have several different translations available to make it easier for us to understand. One of the biggest problems I see with quoting scriptures is that it is sometimes taken out of context. Therefore it may be necessary to share other scriptures along those lines for complete explanations.  One other thing I'd like to mention here, and that is we have human, finite minds, and in this lifetime it may be impossible for us to understand everything. That's why, in my estimation, it is necessary for us to believe, even though we may not fully understand why. Thanks for stopping by, and if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I will give the best answer possible:)

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/18/2007 3:08:14 PM
Hi Bruce, thanks for stopping by my friend. I'll be looking for you again!!
+0
9/11/2007 4:05:32 PM

Hi Lissa,

I'm new to this forum. I love the Bible, it is my most favorite book by far! I appreciate your post.  I want to communicate with you especially because you said you "always turn to  the Scripture for guidance and believe in what the Scripture teaches."  That is also my affirmation.

You remind me of this:   Acts 17:10,11 tells of how  the apostle Paul spoke of some people in the town of Berea as being more "noble" than those in Thessalonica,  because  they received the message about Christ with an open mind, and "searched the scriptures daily" to verify the message from Paul.

I find that I have to do a thorough investigation of an idea or teaching, get all the scriptures about it that I can, do research on the origin of the idea and then decide if I will accept it as pure Biblical Truth.

Jesus spoke so often of the importance of knowing The Truth. (John 4:24;8:32, 8:44;14:6, 17:17; 19:37).  All these verses indicate to me that there must have been a lot of religious falsehoods flying around in his days on earth. 

Even in the Old Testament there are many references to the value GOD places on The Truth (Isaiah 43:9, Jeremiah 10:10;Proverbs 23:23; Psalm 119:160; Psalm 43:3)

In the beginning, in Eden, over 6000 years ago, there was one pure worship of the Almighty GOD,  one pure religious TRUTH, therefore one pure religion. The Creator, the  Almighty GOD, as a loving Heavenly Father, communicated with His earthly son Adam and taught him TRUTH. Genesis 2:15-25)

As you know and as related in Genesis chapter 3, when one of the perfect angelic creatures previously created by GOD decided to set himself up as a rival to the Almighty Creator, then began religious falsehood.  It's interesting to identify the lies that this angel, now turned demon, Satan the Devil, told to Adam and Eve in Genesis 3:1-5.

Adam and Eve, since perfect humans and not robots, used their freedom of choice.  They decided to embrace the advice of the impersonated serpent and made themselves independent of Almighty God opting to follow an apostate demon's advice. Yes, then began religious falsehood and it has spread and morphed wildly in multiple directions throughout the inhabited earth.

Yes, Lissa, the only way to verify THE TRUTH  is to do as the noble Bereans did, and you seem to be noble too!

Next time I would like to post regarding the falsehoods introduced by Satan the Devil and how they are evident in religious beliefs of today.  Would love to get comments.

James, thanks for this forum!

Sincerely,

Miriam

"Do unto others as you would have them do to you."

www.fastincomemecca.com

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
9/11/2007 5:21:48 PM

Miriam, thank you for your post. I look forward to hearing from you again. I will be posting another thread soon.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!