Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Robert Phillips

1540 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
What matters most is how YOU SEE YOURSELF
8/9/2007 7:16:24 AM
What matters most is how YOU "see" yourself! i.e how YOU view yourself in that magnificent "theater" of your mind

Healthy self-esteem, Self-confidence and a positive self-image are the things that helps you feel good about yourself even when you may be failing or even when other people are telling you that you're not good enough.

Don't be a negative thinker and don't let the negative attitudes of others (even if they're family members, friends, or peers) influence you. All the great men and women in history had to overcome the naysayers who said it couldn't be done — and then went out and did it. Think for yourself! and most of all, BELIEVE IN YOURSELF! All you need to succeed is within YOU!! Ignore the Naysayers...

Some More Encouraging Thoughts to Live By ...

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.

Mark Twain

All of us have bad luck and good luck. The person who persists through the bad luck - who keeps right on going - is the person who is there when the good luck comes - and is ready to receive it.

Robert Collier

It is better to be defeated on principle than to win on lies.

Arthur Calwell

The most essential factor is persistence - the determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come from time to time.

James Whitcomb Riley

Obstacles are like wild animals. They are cowards but they will bluff
you if they can. If they see you are afraid of them...they are liable to spring upon you; but...if you look them squarely in they eye, they will slink out of sight.

Orison Swett Marden

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from
mediocre minds.

Albert Einstein

If I were asked to give what I consider the single most useful bit of advice for all humanity it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life and when it comes, hold your head high, look it squarely in the eye and say, "I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me."

Ann Landers

To fight fear, act. To increase fear - wait, put off, postpone.

David Joseph Schwartz

The greatest mistake a man can make is to be afraid of making one.

Elbert Hubbard

Whether you think you can or think you can't - you are right.

Henry Ford

When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.

Franklin D. Roosevelt

As long as you know what it is you desire, then by simply affirming that it is yours - firmly and positively, with no ifs, buts, or maybes - over and over again, from the minute you arise in the morning until the time you go to sleep at night, and as many times during the day as your work or activities permit, you will be drawn to those people, places, and events that will bring your desires to you.

Scott Reed

The odds are with us if we keep on trying.

Keith DeGreen

Most people give up just when they're about to achieve success. They quit on the one yard line. They give up at the last minute of the game, one foot from a winning touchdown.

H. Ross Perot

Do not wait; the time will never be "just right." Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.

Napoleon Hill

Always do more than is required of you.

George S. Patton

No man ever achieved worth-while success who did not, at one time or other, find himself with at least one foot hanging well over the brink of failure.

Napoleon Hill

Worry is the dark room where negatives are developed.

Fred

Some defeats are only installments to victory.

Jacob A. Riis

There is no sudden leap into the stratosphere...There is only advancing step by step, slowly and tortuously, up the pyramid toward your goals

Ben Stein

Once again: IGNORE THE NAYSAYERS. May all your endeavours be productive and successful.

Expand your network. Grow your business. Check out other social business networking sites. Interact with experts and other like minded online business people. Learn and earn at the same time:
+0
Judy Smith

4550 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: What matters most is how YOU SEE YOURSELF
8/9/2007 8:50:54 AM

Hi Robert!

It is so like you to do a very positive and uplifting forum!!  Many kudos.   you have so many great quotes to reinforce your point.

Though the message is not new, it is well presented and I never fault anyone for a reminder that our self esteem and self worth are key to our success! 

It really takes some practice, strength and reinforcement of self belief to shake the naysayers!!  They abound.  They are like the devil on the shoulder of a reforming addict.

Enjoyed it all, Robert. Great topic

Judy

+0
8/9/2007 10:06:14 AM

Why are Positive people not sign posts to others?  As soon as someone
ask a question, or presents a problem - All the naysayers jump into
action.  We tell people why they can't, won't.

The same opportunity is presented for words that show direction for
positive out comes.  Some how we as people keep out mouths SHUT.
We fail to venture an opinon that is positive.  For this reason, those
among us that are trying to make a change always feel alone.  Lost
in the wilderness, with the belief that the whole world is against them.

Although, our pioneer is lost in the wilderness, they know the goal
they have in mind.  They know from where they started, and the
requirements of the lands they seek.  It is not surprising that these
folks always seem to succeed where the safe roaders always
seem to raise only to medium.

For great success, great tasks must be under taken:

+0
Bruce Butler

186 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/9/2007 11:56:56 AM

Robert: I think the best way to sum it up is to read the book The Secret. Can you tell me why so many events, books, movies, etc are coming here from Great Britain today. I thought we beat them many years ago?

Thanks, Bruce

http://www.Seaweed4u.ws Seaweedman Help Veterans
+0
Lisa Lomas

707 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Person Of The Week
8/9/2007 6:58:58 PM

Thinking of visiting New Zealand. A must see is Hawkes Bay, Hastings. http://www.hawkesbaymotel.co.nz
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!