Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Batter Up!
7/26/2007 1:32:59 PM
This quote came into my IN box this morning and I just had to share what a fellow team member wrote:

"My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging."
-- Hank Aaron, baseball star

And it got me to thinking...

Much of what we do is like being a professional athlete. 
Well, maybe not on a physical level..  But in terms of achieving success they are virtually identical:
The more we practice and the harder we work, the better we get & more handsome our payoff.

Did you know that famous baseball celebrities like Hank Aaron and Babe Ruth not only had the highest HR records, but they also held records for the highest number of OUTS, too.

Why is that?

That's really something to think about. 

It's because everything in life revolves around the law of averages.  In order to be the best, you have to do the most- strike out again and again, and amidst the failures come those big home runs.  The more home runs you have, the more outs you'll rack up, too! 

So what separates the star athletes from those who put their heads down and head for the benches?

They SWING FOR THE FENCES *every time* and they don't let the strikes and the outs stop them. 

So you strike out with a prospect.  So what?  There's no pain involved in getting a "no" -except maybe a little injury to your pride.  But seriously folks, if you weigh your ego with your bank account, which one weighs more?

Yep.  Me too.

That's why I've kicked the Ego to the curb and I get back up to the plate to swing again, knowing that it's just a matter of balls before I score the next big homer.

Take a lesson from the baseball greats, and swing for the fences every time. 
You've gotta have the most "outs" if you wanna have the most home runs! Wink

To your best success!

--Kitt
In Madison, WI
+0
Mary Hannan

6209 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Batter Up!
8/2/2007 10:48:19 AM

+0
8/2/2007 2:44:55 PM
Love that blinking kitty cat!!
+0
Joyce Parker Hyde

1967 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/2/2007 3:13:10 PM
Thank you loely Mary and thank you Kathy.
This is so true. i'm sure there are some baseball nuts who will write in with something on this as Hank's homerun record is about to be broken (too much controversy involved for me to comment on).
What I will say is that this man is the sweetest, most courteous and humble man in the world!
He married one of my sorority sisters when I was in college so we all felt special by association:)
+0
Bj
Bj Burgess

4768 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
8/2/2007 4:27:18 PM

Hi Kathy

Very well put I really enjoyed reading this.  Thank you and thank Mary for directing us here. 

I realized you are not on my friends list, so I have just sent you an invitation.

Bj

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!