Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Vel
Vel Am

319 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Promoting your business to people in poverty >
7/22/2007 12:40:30 PM

Let me draw from my years of community service and give you some information about people in poverty if you promote your business in this envirnment. 

Don't set yourself up to fail

Lack of resources

>   People in long term poverty may not have computers so direct your invitation to those who do.  If they don't have computers there is no way they can afford one at this point in their life.

>    Do not promote a program that will cost them anything to join.  Total dollars out of pocket should be $ 0.  

>    Do not promote a program that requires them to buy domain names, hosting or any of those costs.   

Economic understanding

>   People in poverty have a vastly different view of life and opportunities than you or I.   Many are sceptical having been burned many times. 

>   People in poverty do not understand economics.  Skip explaining the compensation plan until they are ready to sign up.

Instruction Guides

>   Use "baby steps"  to instruct this group.   Most will be unfamiliar with the internet environment.   You will have to assess your group to determine how knowledgable they are about the internet and computers.

>   Use "baby steps"  consider inviting those in your class who don't understand comptuers to ba basic instruction class (only if they have a computer).

>   Use "baby steps"  consider inviting those in your classs to an internet instruction group.   Best to have this class after the mini-computer instruction class so you can include those students.

>    Go slow when teaching your business model and compensation plan.   Believe me they will not get the compensation plan the first 2 or three times you explain it.

Get Help

>    Don't do this alone, get help from your upline / downline to set up and do trainings.

>   Get advise from local community agencies on how best to present your training to this group.

To the Betterment of All!

Vel

- - Matthew 6:33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU. 34 So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Sufficient for each day is its own badness. .. . . . http://www.presidentialfield.com/abelchat/ Jeremiah 33: 3 ‘Call to me, and I shall answer you and readily tell you great and incomprehensible things that you have not known.’”
+0
Vel
Vel Am

319 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Replies > re Aid Kids in Crisis
7/22/2007 12:50:46 PM

Wow Gerry you are just full of information about the Rotary and other clubs.  Thank you for your instruction.

I hope everyone gets a chance to read your post.  If they find a need which is not addressed by any local agency then they can contact the local Rotary Club about it.

I found their website for Rotary Club Internationalhttp://www.rotary.org/

I personally had no idea their program was so large and wide spread.   Thank you again for letting us know!

Vel

- - Matthew 6:33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU. 34 So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Sufficient for each day is its own badness. .. . . . http://www.presidentialfield.com/abelchat/ Jeremiah 33: 3 ‘Call to me, and I shall answer you and readily tell you great and incomprehensible things that you have not known.’”
+0
Re: Aid Kids in Crisis
8/5/2007 5:13:26 PM

Hello/Bonjour

Thank you,

Even if they do not find good entendor, they manage
well…

Même s'ils ne trouvent pas bon entendeurs, ils se débrouillent
bien...
+0
8/5/2007 5:31:14 PM

Hello

Here a proposal

ooooooo

ooo

o

http://ubiee.com/enviro/?vortex=143

+0
Gerry Pira

111 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
8/5/2007 5:38:38 PM
The Rotary Foundation is a very good source of funds. If you need guidance on how to get funds through a Rotary club in your city, let me know as I'm a past president of a club and Paul Harris Fellow.

The mission of The Rotary Foundation is to enable Rotarians to advance world understanding, goodwill and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education and the alleviation of poverty. The Rotary Foundation is a not-for-profit corporation that is supported solely by voluntary contributions from Rotarians and friends of the Foundation who share its vision of a better world.

The Foundation was created in 1917 by Rotary International's sixth president, Arch C. Klumph, as an endowment fund for Rotary "to do good in the world." It has grown from an initial contribution of US$26.50 to more than US$117.9 million contributed in 2004-05. Its event-filled history is a story of Rotarians learning the value of service to humanity.

The Foundation's Humanitarian Programs fund international Rotary club and district projects to improve the quality of life, providing health care, clean water, food, education, and other essential needs primarily in the developing world. One of the major Humanitarian Programs is PolioPlus, which seeks to eradicate the poliovirus worldwide. Through its Educational Programs, the Foundation provides funding for some 1,200 students to study abroad each year. Grants are also awarded to university teachers to teach in developing countries and for exchanges of business and professional people.

Gerry Pira
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!