Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Gene Williams

7 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Aid Kids in Crisis
7/21/2007 8:24:37 PM

i wll send your link page to 700 peolpe and put your link on one of webpages ...ok...kids do need help..in this crazzy world we live in..but we can change all that by  prayer and one kid at a time ..kool. 

never give up ....

kgw

ken gene williams
+0
Vel
Vel Am

319 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Aid Kids in Crisis
7/21/2007 11:46:11 PM
Hi Vel,

Judy Harvey   

'Hi Vel, Yes, I'll be your friend. I already go to the hunger site every day and also www.care2.com I click on most of the links in both of them. best wishes Judy'

Thank you Judy for your input, I am posting this idea to the Aid Kids in Crisis forum.  

Way to go Judy!

Vel

- - Matthew 6:33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU. 34 So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Sufficient for each day is its own badness. .. . . . http://www.presidentialfield.com/abelchat/ Jeremiah 33: 3 ‘Call to me, and I shall answer you and readily tell you great and incomprehensible things that you have not known.’”
+0
Vel
Vel Am

319 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Replies > re Aid Kids in Crisis
7/21/2007 11:57:15 PM

Eddie Power >  thanks for your support, it is most apreciated.

Gerry Pica >   Wonderful ideas about including the local Rotary Clubs.  They can be a great resource for your local community.   I recommend reserving them for needs that require funds to meet those needs.  

Gaps in Local Resources:

Although there are numerious aid organizations available, many do not cover or provide for speciality needs.   Glasses, hearing aids, etc come to mind.  Often times local Lyon's and Rotary Clubs help with these types of needs.

Another need that is not generally provided is funeral costs.  Sometimes a family is unable to pay funeral costs for a family member because the family has had such a low income for years.  This is a good example of a need which could be taken to the local Lyon's or Rotary Clubs.

Vel

- - Matthew 6:33 “Keep on, then, seeking first the kingdom and his righteousness, and all these [other] things will be added to YOU. 34 So, never be anxious about the next day, for the next day will have its own anxieties. Sufficient for each day is its own badness. .. . . . http://www.presidentialfield.com/abelchat/ Jeremiah 33: 3 ‘Call to me, and I shall answer you and readily tell you great and incomprehensible things that you have not known.’”
+0
Vel
Vel Am

319 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Link Page
7/22/2007 12:02:19 AM

Gene what a wonderful person you are to send my link out to your associates.  And you web page too!  How very kind and thoughful. 

The more people who know about the needs of children in crisis the better we as a local, national, global community can meet those needs.

To the Good!

Vel

+0
Gerry Pira

111 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Re: Replies > re Aid Kids in Crisis
7/22/2007 3:26:30 AM
A lot can be done by working with Rotarians on the club and district levels. A report appearing in the website of Rotary International includes the following:

-Clubs empower Guatemala’s children with books, computers

-A California club member feeds children in the Philippines

-Multidistrict effort puts books in the hands of Mexican children

-Rotarians in Ontario, Canada, designed, produced, and distributed pamphlets to help oral health care providers determine and report symptoms of abuse and also to promote awareness of child abuse prevention.

-The Kowloon club and District 3810 each contributed US$5,000 to the project, which was doubled by a US$10,000 Rotary Foundation Matching Grant to distribute 170,000 oral rehydration therapy packets, water purifiers to prevent diarrheal infection from contaminated water, health care manuals, and other supplies to benefit more than 2,200 orphans. The effort subsequently expanded to reach nearly 5,700 additional children in seven more orphanages. The clubs in District 3810 made plans to adopt the 17 target orphanages and provide long-term support.

-A Bangladesh Rotary is planning to treat about 100 children born with internal infections stemming from improper prenatal care. The project aims to ensure free, advanced medical treatment for patients in need.

-A Rotary Club in Brazil would like to establish a vocational training program for children. In response to the growing unemployment rate of adults in Brazil, the project is looking to invest in children’s futures by providing them with opportunities to learn skills that will guarantee them a job when they enter the job market.

Rotary has also a massive program involving donations in kind.

I refer charitable organizations to get support from Rotary clubs in their respective localities or districts.

Rotary International has a unique way of getting large amounts of funds for its humanitarian projects.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!