Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Thomas Richmond

15469 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: Baby Kaleb Needs Our Prayers
12/5/2007 9:37:48 PM
AT YOUR SERVICE. Drop A Line With The Pros!! http://www.goneclicking.com/?rid=7178 http://www.protrafficshop.com/?rid=5719 Chief Administrator & Support
+0
Nick Sym

23156 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 25 Poster
Person Of The Week
12/5/2007 11:07:17 PM
Breast Cancer Awareness On My Site! http://www.freewebs.com/nicksym Free exposure that works http://www.webbizinsider.com/Home.asp?RID=55242
+0
12/13/2007 4:37:45 AM

Hello Friends

I have experienced a miracle or two myself over the crazy years of my life but, the Miracle of Baby Kaleb just keeps getting better all the time. Watch this video and reaffirm your belief in miracles. It's a beautiful thing. ;-)

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.showvids&friendID=34091583&n=34091583&MyToken=65f5546a-eb70-4585-af87-43981c45791b

Just in case you still need a little more inspiration, read how Kaleb's Miracle has reached out and touched another little child in a very special way. Baby Kaleb has a new little friend now, that never had a friend before

Chamber Bound

Kaleb has been to the Hyperbaric chamber now for 1 week and Kaleb is showing progress. After we get out of the chamber Kaleb is so talkative for the rest of the night. The entire way home in the car he is say what sounds like "mum"... It is ADORABLE. He also seems like he is smiling more now too.. This week is kind of off for therepies so I have been doing a lot at home with him so that he doesn't get off schedule. I had him on his belly laying over the boppy and he was lifting his head off the floor about 2-3 in consistently!!! I WAS SO EXCITED! I called my mom right away to tell her the good news! He is getting stronger and stronger each day! I will be posting a video of him playing with an overhead gym soon...

We go to a house to use the hyperbaric chamber and she has a son who is very autistic and has mild cerebral palsy. He doesn't pay much atention to ANYTHING. The other day I knelt down with Kaleb and his mom told him to look at the baby. Now cognitively this boy is at the age of one but he is eight. When his mom told him to look at the baby he dropped his toy and look at Kaleb for a good minute and leaned over and KISSED HIM ON THE FOREHEAD! His mom started to cry and she said that he has NEVER done that before and he has been around other babies! At that point I started to cry also. There is something so special about Kaleb... God has given him a presence that I will never understand and I am so thankful for this. He truely is a Angel of God. He has been touched by his hands and I think that people just sense that.

Thank you for all who have sent down PJ's and LJ's for Kaleb's Birthday! Only one week until my baby boy is one! I cannot believe it! I will def be posting lots of pictures of his Birthday Party.

I hope all of you have a blessed Thanksgiving and good luck shopping for Christmas on Black Friday! I have to go take Kaleb to the chamber now!~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, November 30, 2007

My HAPPY boy!

Kaleb is now a big ONE year old! I can't believe it! I am so happy that he made it to his first Birthday. When he was in the hospital we all celebrated his 6 month Birthday because we weren't sure if he would make it to one year. I am so thankful he did! We didn't do much celebrating on Tuesday because he is having a party this weekend! I am so excited about this because there will be many people there that haven't seen him since he was hooked up to a bunch of machines. Now he is healthy and happy.

We are starting to notice that he is starting to REALLY smile! He loves when he is the center of attention and just smiles away. He is also starting to make a noise similar to a laugh. I call it his happy noise. He is such a little talker now too. It is so cute. He is such a happy little boy and it makes me so happy to see him that way. I think he is like that because he has seen Jesus and has been touched and healed by him. I wonder how he views the world... He is really starting to get a little hand-eye coordination too. You are able to see it in the new video that I posted up of him hitting toys off of his boppy pillow. He has such a great personality. He loves his daddy so much that we automatically wakes up when Josh gets home from work. I am trying to catch him doing his happy noises on camera so I can share it with all of you.

The Hyperbaric treatments are going GREAT! I see SO much progress in him! I will be posting a blog soon with all of the information about the Hyperbaric Chamber. They truly are miracle workers.

I am so encouraged by how blessed we have been through this entire ordeal. God is so good to us. He has answered so many of our prayers and all of yours. I cannot thank all of you enough for all that you have done for our family. You all are bright lights in a DARK DARK world. Thank you for all of the Birthday cards and gifts also! I wish I could meet each and every one of you and thank you personally!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday, December 10, 2007

Sorry it’s been a while

Sorry that it has been so long since the last update... We have all been under the weather. Kaleb's Birthday Party went GREAT! We had a great turn out. That was the first time that Kaleb had been back to the park since he was hurt. He looked so handsome and was very happy during the whole thing! The part just turned out so great. We had the chance to meet some of the people who had fundraisers for kaleb and that was VERY rewarding!

The Chamber is REALLY starting to produce results! I wish that all of you could see the improvements like we can. He is smiling duriong therepies now and is able to role from his side to his back. He is purposely hitting toys and is starting to cry when he wants something. This is such a wonderful sound! It sounds weird but when your child is silenced because they were shaking you ache to hear them cry. It shows that he knows what he wants and we are SO THANKFUL for this. We have also been putting him on his belly (in the floornanny, Thank you to the Real Facts Forum!) and he is really lifting his head up! He dosen't have the best control yet but it is getting there and all of his therepists seem very optimistic. His pediatrician said that he is in the top70 percentile for growth. He is getting so strong and big!

Thank you to all who sent Birthday Cards and Gifts! They were greatly appriciated! I am going to keep this short because I am not feeling well. Kaleb is doing AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas To Our Two Little Miracle Babies

And

To All Of You Who Have Been A Part

Of This Miracle

Sincerely, Billdaddy & Ally
May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
2/16/2008 1:39:23 AM

How Can One

Not Believe In

Miracles

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Praise God!

A lot to write about today! First off Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

Kaleb continues to do amazing. Last weekend we had to take him to the ER though. His G-TUbe Site was leaking a greenish colored puss and we weren't sure if it was something serious. While we were there they needed to start an IV on him and as soon as the nurse grabbed Kaleb's arm to look for a vein he started to cry. Then he would look at me and Josh and pout and then look at the nurse as he moved closer to him and started crying again. This was great to see in a way becuase it showed that he KNEW what was going to happen... It is like a cause and effect thing. He REMEMBERED what an IV was! This is AWESOME! This made Josh and I happy in a way. He was fine after they got the IV in. He is a Strong Boy! They ran several test and concluded that what Kaleb had was a topical infection and everything was ok. In fact the nurse said that his labs looked awesome and that he wished his own labs looked that good! Praise God that Kaleb is so healthy now!

He is really starting to communicate what he wants now! For instance Kaleb wants attention all the time now... THIS IS GREAT! Because for a while he would just sit there and sleep or do nothing. He will start bableling(sp) very loudly to get our attention. If we set him down he will pout. If we play with him he will smile! He is doing more things that are typical of normal babies now! Cognatively he is at the age of 2-3months. Which is a step up because when we brought him home he was at a newborn level.

When we went to tthe hearing the other day Kaleb was so fussy and unhappy near the court room. He seemed very uncomfortable and unhappy! As soon as we left though he stopped and he was fine. It was so weird! It was almost as if he sensed HER near by and was scared and uncomfortable. Speaking of this... Nothing is happening in the trial, in fact it is very frustrating. Nobody has been deposed... The state said they were ready to go to trial but the defense says they "are no where near ready to go to trial". Sorry I can't tell you more. My guess is that we will be in trial by oct. 2008 which is a crying shame! I did find out however that me and several other of my family members will not be able to be in the court room at all during the trial because we are witnesses. So when the time comes I hope that there will be people who are willing to come and show there support for KALEB and our family and who are seeking JUSTICE in what happened to him.  I pray to God that the person who is responsible for this is truthful to herself and that God will open the jury's eyes to see what happened on May 9.

People keep asking how I am feeling. I am very tired!! More tired than I have ever been! I go Monday for an ultrasound but it still might be too early to tell the sex yet. I am feeling little flutters. My stomach continues to grow!!! I am hoping that I don't gain as much weight as I did with Kaleb. I have severe back pain all the time and Josh has to give me back rubs several times a week. We are so thankful for this pregnancy!

We are so thankful for all of your support during this very difficult time. Thank you for praying for Kaleb so faithfully! God is def. hearing us! Kaleb is our miracle! 

Please pray that the truth will be revealed in the end and that there will be a long prison sentence for the person responsible. We have posted new pictures also.

5:18 AM - 509 Comments - 747 Kudos - Add Comment

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
5/7/2008 1:45:32 PM

Hello Everybody

It has been quite a while since I posted an update on Baby Kaleb and I am very happy that I have just received some good news. Kaleb is doing better every day but, he still needs all of our prayers and healing light. He is still a miracle in the making.

Sincerely, Billdaddy

My Happy Boy!
» Post A Comment

266 Comment(s)
New Photo!
» Post A Comment

52 Comment(s)
New Photo!
» Post A Comment

21 Comment(s)
New Photo!
Laughing
» Post A Comment

226 Comment(s)
New Photo!
At MOSI. He wasn't too excited at first..
» Post A Comment

15 Comment(s)
New Photo!
» Post A Comment

22 Comment(s)
New Photo!
» Post A Comment

51 Comment(s)
New Photo!
» Post A Comment

20 Comment(s)
New Photo!
In his Stander.
» Post A Comment

50 Comment(s)
New Photo!
» Post A Comment

63 Comment(s)
New Photo!
He is getting so BIG
» Post A Comment

67 Comment(s)
New Photo!
Monday, May 05, 2008

One Year
This Friday, May 9 2008, will be one year since Kaleb's Brutal Attack (yes I said attack). Childcare providers are TRAINED to KNOW what SBS is and for one to still do it to a child, it is an ATTACK. So needless to say this week will be a hard one for all of my family.

The last year has been such a giant learning experience for me and Josh. I have the upmost respect for any parent of a special needs child. Before any onf this happened I guess you could say that I was blind to the world of special needs. I never realized how much effort and love the parents have to give to thier children. Don't get me wrong the same goes to parents of "normal" children. But to have watched Kaleb go through so much this past year my love for him cannot be explained in words. I am so proud of him. For a child that wasn't supposed to be anything but a vegetable he has come SO FAR.

I have been worried about this week. I have wondered for the last month how I will feel on May 9 and the days leading up to it. When I catch myself sad and getting ready to break down in tears, I remember how lucky we are that he is still here. We are lucky that he survived! But a BIG BIG part of him was taken away on May 9. Parts of him that he may not ever regain. All by the hands of one very careless and evil person. This has to stop. NO CHILD SHOULD EVER HAVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT KALEB DID!

This photo was taken on May 6 2007. Three days prior to him being shaken. Please do all that you can to make sure that another child will not become a victim of abuse.

I have also learned how many caring people are out there. I never thought that Kaleb's story, one out of a couple thousands, would reach so many people... Then to see how many of you really cared for our Kaleb. It was and still is so heart warming. Thank you, all of you for all of you continued prayers and support. I could never stop saying Thank you.

For all of you who are wondering. No the trial hasn't started. The defense keeps postponing things and I have no idea when it will start. Hopefully soon. 
God has a plan for all of us. That is for sure. I don't quite understand why this happened to Kaleb but I trust that God is holding his hand every step of the way. I trust that when I am feeling emotionally stretched and tired, that he will energize me and continue to give me faith. This has been the hardest year of my life. Our entire world turned upside down and stopped. But God has managed to always shined bright enough to still see him in everything. Kaleb is our angel from God and I will be forever grateful to him for giving him to us.

Now for some updates.

Kaleb is eating baby food once a day. Not a whole lot but about 6-8 spoonfuls. This is such an accomplishment. A lot of kids who lose thier ability to swallow never are able to regain it. He continues to amaze us everyday! He has also started to stand in a stander. That is the device in the new pictures that I posted. He HATES IT! But it is good to see him show emotion towards something he doesn't like. He cries as soon as we put him in it. But it is getting better. I play with him the entire time he is standing. He is getting ready to start Aquatic Therapy so I will be posting something about that soon.  

I am huge and tired. I am about 25 and a half weeks pregnant. This baby is so much more active than Kaleb was. My uterus has become a punching bag for him...Lol! He really starts kicking when I am holding Kaleb or when Kaleb is talking in his own language. My due date has been moved up to Aug. 15 and we are very excited!

Thank you again, all of you, for the last year of prayers and support. Kaleb would not be where he is today, if it weren't for all of your prayers.

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!