Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
PayPal
7/4/2007 5:40:52 AM
Does one have to renew PayPal account periodically. I got a message from 'PayPal' asking me to renew my account but the funny thing was that the form also include asking me for my ATM code. Funny I thought. Was I being phished?
+0
Re: PayPal
7/9/2007 7:33:55 PM
Hello,

Definately a phishing scam.  You don't have to renew with Paypal, and they would never send you an email asking you for your atm code.  At the most they might have you simply log in to your account.  However if they even asked you to do that you would not want to use a link sent via an email.  You would want to go to paypay under your normal routine and log in that way.

Nigel

Nigel Hoyt
+0
7/9/2007 7:35:46 PM
Hi again,

Also wanted to add... You should log in to Paypal under your normal way.  Then under their customer support section you can send them the information from that email.  They do like to be made aware of when scams of this nature are being done.  Thanks.

Nigel

Nigel Hoyt
+0
7/10/2007 1:15:34 AM
Nigel,
Thank you very much. I appreciate the ifo given.
Lias
+0
9/11/2007 4:22:10 PM
Also something that just happened to me. You have to be careful when you send things out that people payed by for paypal. Always make sure you add confirmation so you get a tracking #. I just had a customer file a complaint that they did not receive their item and want a refund from my account. I wrote paypal back with all the receipt info. ( I didn't add confirmation when I sent out the item since I never had any problems before ) Well if you don't have a tracking # then paypal will refund your customer their money even if you have a receipt showing that you mailed a package to their state and zip code on the day after they bought the item with the shipping weight and so on on it. I even asked to fax the receipt to paypal, to which nothing happened. Some people have figured this out and will buy items from people and if it's not sent with tracking info, they will file a claim with paypal to get the money back and keep the item as well. I know this lady did this to me because I was on a chat room and that lady was bragging about it to someone else. She got the item and her money back and I cannot do anything about it. I have learned my lesson and now charge .75 more on every item's shipping fees to cover confirmation on it.
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!