Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
The young do not know enough to be prudent...
6/27/2007 11:09:05 AM
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it, generation after generation."

- Pearl S. Buck
Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+1
Re: The young do not know enough to be prudent...
6/27/2007 11:38:14 AM

Hello Bogdan

This quote really provokes some thought. I often wondeer about the peole who did certain things first. For instance, who first decided that it was safe to eat mushrooms and how many people died before findinbg the edible ones? What about the very first person to fly or to drive a car. It must be a tremendous thrill to be the very first one to do something.

Sincerely, Bill Vanderbilt

May a smile follow you to sleep each night and,,,,,be there waiting,,,,,when you awaken http://community.adlandpro.com/forums/8212/ShowForum.aspx Sincerely, Billdaddy
+0
Geketa Holman

2080 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/27/2007 12:09:43 PM

Hi Bogdan,

Great quote and a very true statement as well.. Youth knows no boundaries when it comes to doing things. Maybe because they have not yet learned fear of failure..

Have a great week!

Blessings,

Geketa

Hear, O Israel the L-rd our G-d,the L-rd is one http://www.DHGBoutique.com
+0
Bogdan Fiedur

4624 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 50 Poster
Person Of The Week
6/27/2007 12:26:36 PM

Hi Bill,

Nice to see you here.

You have made interesting observation with the mushrooms. The fact is that even when we know which mushrooms are edible, there are still people who find it very exciting to eat mushrooms without checking the list. As humans we  test our boundaries all the time. And this is good thing. 

If it comes to eating mushrooms it is probably better to check the list first because we are not testing here our will power or determination, but with many things which have established mental boundaries, customs or believes through generations, it is healthy to challenge them. Young people are the only ones who can take the chances and attempt to do what previously has been considered impossible. Most of the time the reason they succeed with impossible is that they didn't know it was impossible in first place. They were just doing if for fun of it, not to prove anything.

Bogdan Fiedur

Be a victor not a victim. Simply be responsible for what happensin your life.
Truth can only be found by those who have the humility to consider what they do not prefer.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn | Tumblr | My Blog

+0
6/27/2007 1:38:44 PM

Hello Bogdan,

When you are young, you don't analyze anything you do in regards to consequences.  I came to this Country when I was 16, did not know the language, did not think about a different culture I only knew I was in love.  If I had to move to a different Country now I would have to know that I would  have a place to call my own, know the language, that I would have a steady income, that it would be a safe place to go.  Then also whether I could go without taking my entire family with me including grandchildren, I know that, that give me the answer, I could not do it. Thank the Lord for our fearless young generation.  They are our future. 

God Bless,

Gabrielle

God Bless Everyone
+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!