Menu

error This forum is not active, and new posts may not be made in it.
Promote
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: I Apologize for My Silence!
6/24/2007 11:21:48 AM

For those of you who like to cook, here's something you can do to make your Father's Day special. Please go to this link:

Father's Day Recipes

--------------------------

Now that Dad has had his lunch or dinner, and you all ate too much, here's some good advice!

--------------------------

The Food Fix
How to Overcome Emotional Eating and
10 ways to Avoid Emotional Eating:

1. Don't buy goodies in bulk.
Apples and carrots are great in two-pound bags but never M & Ms! Choose a package of Fudgesicles instead of a gallon of chocolate ice cream – or a variety pack of chips instead of a family-size bag of Cheetos. You’re less likely to overeat if you have to open a new package.

2. Turn on praise music.
The Bible says the Lord inhabits the praises of His people. Listening to gospel or praise music is guaranteed to uplift the soul, and it’s hard to feel alone in the presence of God.

3. Don't go home.
If you binge at home when you’re upset, think of something else to do. Take a walk with a friend. Ask someone to go to a concert. Take the kids to the park. Stop at the library. See the new art exhibit.

4. Be creative.
Crochet a hat. Learn to knit. Join a quilting group. It’ll keep your hands out of the cookie jar, and when you finish your project, you’ll have something to remind you that you conquered your struggle.

5. Get moving.
If you’re angry enough to smack something, sign up for an exercise class. It can release a ton of tension. If you hate to perspire, try water aerobics. At least, lace up your walking shoes. The fresh air will help clear your head and take your mind off your stomach.

6. Take five.
Get outside. Watch birds. Poke around your garden. Find a spot by the lake to watch the sunset. Become a stargazer. Keeping your eyes on God’s creation rather than your problems puts things in perspective.

7. Forgive.
Do you eat when you’re frustrated or hurt by other people? Perhaps it’s time to forgive – just like Jesus did with us. Unforgiveness hurts you, not the one who wronged you. Get rid of it! With prayer, you can forgive and move on with your life.

8. Adopt a friend.
Fall in love at an animal shelter. Doctors say that petting an animal actually lowers your blood pressure! Dogs love unconditionally and are always willing to listen.

9. Volunteer.
Need to meet new friends? You’ll open up new circles of opportunity by volunteering in the church nursery or at your local school. And it’s virtually impossible to hold a child’s hand and a slice of pizza at the same time!

10. Take a class.
Learning new skills is a wonderful way to stay young at heart. It will keep you out of the kitchen and provide you with an excellent way to express your feelings . . . much healthier than burying your troubles in a bag of chocolate chip cookies!

the food fix myth
Can ice cream redeem a bad day? Is chocolate your best friend? Do french-fried potatoes really relieve loneliness? As preposterous as those things sound, we sometimes act as if they were true!

We eat a super-size lunch because it fills the emptiness inside – for a few minutes, anyway. We stop for a hot fudge sundae on the way home from the store. Or we dive into the refrigerator because it's easier than standing up to the boss.

But food is a temporary fix. It can help us feel full, safe, or satisfied, but using food creates additional problems. Snack foods are often bad for our health. But worst of all, food can become an idol.

go to God
Ask God to help you understand what triggers your emotional >eating. Do you continually deal with the same issues? Perhaps it’s time to take some action.

No matter what you’re dealing with, God can help. He gives wisdom if you ask. He promises to help carry your load. As difficult as it sometimes is, He wants us to praise Him in all circumstances. Instead of grabbing a snack, ask Him what He wants you to learn in the process. He promises to deliver you.

Search His Word for answers. Put God back in the place He deserves in your life.

Jesus said, "I am the bread of life. He who
comes to me shall never hunger ...
John 6:35, NKJV

+0
James Wright

2397 Posts
Invite Me as a Friend
Top 100 Poster
Person Of The Week
Re: I Apologize for My Silence!
6/24/2007 11:29:47 AM

Ok, with that being said, I need to get back to the books. I have one more week of torture before groundschool is over. This will be week number 4. My brain is about to turn into mush, and this week is the most important week. I have good news though. I'm tied for the number one grade in the class, and that being 98% average. Praise the Lord for that!

All I ask is that you pray for me, that I will recall the things I have learned and studied for this new job. It's all good!

+0

facebook
Like us on Facebook!